bummed...

mrsw510
mrsw510 Posts: 169
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
At 204 lbs I am so close to my 1st mini-goal of getting under 200. When I started this I set my goal deadline as to May 25 to reach this. I was right on track to reach this lossing 2 lbs per week and now being so close I am riding in a 2 week plateau. I know I will eventually bust through it and get there, I am just a little disappointed because I want it so bad and am working so hard...

Sorry for being whiney, but I didn't to vent it out and the hubs just doesn't understand.

Replies

• swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Hang in there! I had where I don't loose anything for 3 weeks, then it happens. You are almost there! You can do it!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    I am about 20 lbs of that under 200 goal mark. At one point in time, I was like 12 lbs away... and I plateaud for 6 months...
    Not saying this to bum you out even more, but you know what? YOU CAN DO IT! Change something up, whether it's your food or what you're doing to excersize! I have faith in you. When you see that scale go to 200 or less, that feeling will make all these" bummed" feelings vanish! Good luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Definitely understand! I was on a plateau for a MONTH where I was up 3-4 lbs of either water weight or fat and I finally got back down... so I've been there. It is DEFINITELY frustrating. Some tips:

- Make sure you're drinking enough water. If you're not constantly peeing, drink more!!
    - Fruits & veggies... reeeeeeeeally help.
    - Cut down on processed foods (a lot of salt which can make you retain water)
    - How much are you exercising? If you're burning quite a lot during the week, try bumping up your calories or pushing your goal on MFP down 1/2-1 lb. that you want to lose per week.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    I'm 16 lbs. from the 200,and I'm really looking forward to it,how much have you lost so far and what do you think the problem might be?
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Im in the same spot!

Just hang in there! Keep doing what you are doing.
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Defintely hang in there! I suggest you bump up the cardio and cut back on the carbs in the afternoon.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    I've been 181 for oh, 4 weeks now? I have been dying to get into the 170's!!! It'll happen though - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    I had a month long plateau as well and it wasn't until I started yo-yoing my food and exercise that it started going down again.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    I had a month long plateau as well and it wasn't until I started yo-yoing my food and exercise that it started going down again.

That's what I was thinking,I have been doing it the whole time,and fingers crossed it's been working so far.
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Keep working towards it. You'll break through the plateau - just wait & see! You're doing great!!!
  • This is great motivation ... when I used to plateau I was super bummed out ..and then I would binge eat and undo everything .. I am going to do this right this time and take the suggestion and not get discouraged. You shouldn't either!! It will come off eventually .. you are not giving up you have come for help with how to get past this.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Keep it up you can do it. We've all been there. And, it's not whining this is what this site is for to help w/ the frustrations.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I took a week of work, which is very hard physical, heavy lifting, lots of stairs labor. I was excepting I wouldn't loss a lot while I was off but I figured when I went back I would pick back up. I have been back for a week and nothing. I am definately sticking to it. I feel great about myself with the weight I have already lost and the idea of getting to my goal weight really motivates me!
  • CassieSeymour
    CassieSeymour Posts: 10 Member
    Have you tried cutting down your fat intake and bumped up your protein? This along with 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week will help you shed those extra pounds pretty quickly and safely.
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238

What do you mean yo-yoing food and exercise?? Enlighten me, please! :smile:
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    What do you mean yo-yoing food and exercise?? Enlighten me, please! :smile:

Yo Yoi'ng is mixing up your calorie intake and exercise routines.

Your body is waaaaaaay too clever at getting used to routines and will fairly quickly adapt to set routines which slows down the weight loss.

Calorie Yo-Yo
    If you need 1500 a day eat that one day, go a couple of hundred under the next day and the next day go a couple of hundred above the 1500. What you're trying to do is keep your body always guessing and letting it know it doesn't have to store anything as there are days when it will get more.

Exercise Yo-Yo
    Don't have the same routines every day. One day you could do 60 minutes no-inline but fast on the treadmill/Elliptical, the next day weights, rowing machine etc and the following day do 30 minutes high incline, very fast paced routine on the treadmill/Elliptical etc. You are again keeping your body guessing the whole time and using different muscles so it never knows where it has to divert your calories to.

This works amazingly well at breaking plateau's
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Along the same lines as simon. You should yo yo the exercise from week to week also. Do a week of on type say running/walking and calastinicks(sp). And then the next week do aerobics and weights. This keeps the muscles guessing and you will get better workout results.
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Don't get discouraged, you will get there!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Thanks for the tips!! I'm gonna have to try that... How do I yo-yo when I'm on a 1200 cal/day program? I didn't think I could go under without going into "starvation mode"?
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Is that 1200 including exercising calories? Make sure you eat most of them as well. On some days eat more of your exercise calories on others less.
This discussion has been closed.