The more I eat....

Options

Replies

• breakingthepath
    Options
    I use full fat ranch and dip my fork instead of pouring it on. The low fat version has less calories, but its sugary taste is hard to miss... they replace the fat with corn syrup :sick:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    superstore brand raspberry vinegarette is by far my fave.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use the Wishbone Light Ranch....it has 2gr of fat per serving, which is one of the lowest I've found! Watch out because some "light" ranch dressings will still have 7-10 gr of fat per serving!!
  • seventeenlucky77
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I usually don't use salad dressing but I was just craving something a little more flavorful on my cucumber today. I will def check out some of the vinaigrettes... oh and the do it yourself honey mustard.. i LOVE LOVE LOVE mustard
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Look in the fridge section of dressings and try Bolthouse Yogurt Dressings. YUM!!!!
    They have a ranch, honey mustard, ceaser, t. island and blue cheese. I have not had the t. island or blue cheese. The others are fantastic.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    My favs are Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing or the Raspberry Vinaigrette. I also like Newman's Own Light Vidalia Onion.
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    whatever you do, do NOT try the wishbone salad spritzers in Ranch. GROSS!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Fat free dressing is pretty terrible nutritionally and taste-wise.

How about olive oil, spices (I like Italian blend), garlic, and red wine vinegar. Shake 'er up, place on salad. Easy.

Lemon or Lime juice + olive oil is fantastic, also.
  • wantmycurvesback
    Options
    I like the light Hidden Valley Ranch, and I am glad to hear it isn't TOO bad :) I also love Newman's light honey mustard. I usually use that on salads, and the ranch for a dip. Both are delicious! And by the way, I have never cared for Kraft ranch at all, even the regular. It does just taste wrong...
    I'm in love with Newman's Own Light Honey mustard. SOOO good.

Martizzini's (sp?) Light Ranch Vegetable dip is my favorite (found in the refrigerated section near the veggies). It's really thick, think sour cream, so I thin it with skim milk.

Marzetti's 100 calorie pack Ranch dip? I love these, very good.
    Other than that, I make my own olive oil dressings with balsamic or other vinegar.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fat free ranch is absolutely revolting- I agree with you there! I've found that the Hidden Valley Light Ranch is decent if you are a big ranch fan. I also like Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette but I forget who makes it. I like asian inspired dressings- like thai peanut and sesame dressings.

Honey mustards can be delicious as well.
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    My Fav is Kraft EVOO Greek Vinagrette with Feta! I Love Love Love it in a Chicken salad!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    kens raspberry PECAN, not walnut, dressing...yummm
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OH and the one mary_thompson likes, I love it when I am not in the mood for sweet :)
  • catrinasm
    catrinasm Posts: 12
    Options
    I mix fat free sour cream with Salsa....It really does taste yummy...!!!!!! I struggled with the dressing thing for quite some time...I also love vinegar...not a lot but you can add it to salsa and the sour cream...it does work. : ) Fat Free Italian seems to taste pretty good as well. : )
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    This is a dressing that EVERYONE eats here. It's yum, and really easy to make.
    I assume you can get condensed milk there...

1 can sweetened condensed milk (approx 400g/14oz)
    approx 3/4 c vineger
    1tbsp dry mustard powder, or less, to taste
    salt to taste (I personally don't find it needs it)

stir the mustard powder into a little of the condensed milk, until there are no lumps. Until you figure out how much you like, its safest to use maybe half, then blend in more to the whole thing later if you want.
    then stir in the rest of the milk, and salt if using

slowly stir in the vinegar, to taste. you may find you don't need the full measure.

pour into a bottle/jar and refrigerate until thick.

keep chilled.

makes around 2 cups and it's around 40 calories per tablespoon, if you use regular condensed milk. I'm sure if you use light stuff, it'd be lower.
  • DiscoBeth
    DiscoBeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Wishbone's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. It's super yummy!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    mix mustard, honey, and some reduced fat sour cream or plain nonfat yogurt together for honey mustard :happy:

Does this really taste like Honey Mustard cuz I LOVE honey mustard!! Do u know about how many calories and fat this is?
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    i LOVE the Newmans own Light balsamic vinagrette. I have trouble with light dressings because i dont like a strong vinegar taste. but i love this one!
  • raisinsoup
    raisinsoup Posts: 5
    Options
    Hidden Valley Light Ranch is good!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I mix fat free sour cream with Salsa....It really does taste yummy...!!!!!! I struggled with the dressing thing for quite some time...I also love vinegar...not a lot but you can add it to salsa and the sour cream...it does work. : ) Fat Free Italian seems to taste pretty good as well. : )

I also use sour cream and salsa, but I don't mix them together.

The only other one I like is the Light Catalina (I think Kraft might make it) but the sugar/carb count is higher because it is a sweet dressing.

I tried a few of the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressings but can't get past the odd tangy aftertaste I get.