Bringing food to baseball game

Options
Here are the rules for the stadium:

"All food items must be contained in single serving bags within a soft-sided container or cooler, that does not exceed 16" x 16" x 8". Metal, plastic or glass containers of any kind (except for factory-sealed, plastic water bottles, no larger than 1 liter and juice boxes) are prohibited at Nationals Park. Only one bottle of water per person will be permitted. "

I do not have a soft-sided cooler so I think I'll be stuck with things that do not need to be kept cold. I think I'll have to use ziplock bags and then put them into my purse or bring a bag with me.

Ideas? Some trail mix, maybe some jicama sticks to eat right away, a PB&J sandwich? That'll be hard to have in a bag instead of a plastic container...would get smooshed. Hmm.

Open to ideas :-)

Replies

• dbrownson
    dbrownson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, do not eat that PB&J sandwich.

Some way to get fruits/vegetables (it's hard because they usually need to be "chilled") in the stadium?
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Why not a PB&J --I'm curious for this reason...

how about a single serving of popped popcorn-the bags are smaller easier to fit into a larger purse.
    Fruit strips-Archer Farms organics have some yummy ones
    Banana, orange, apples, peaches all do well out of the fridge/not chilled
    Regular unsalted peanuts

or if you want a real meal maybe just eat a larger one before the game or plan on one for afterwards.

I'm interested to see what others say since I have 2 ballgames I am going to soon and will have the same food dilemas...
  • dbrownson
    dbrownson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Why not a PB&J --I'm curious for this reason...

There really are no nutrition importance in the meal (sure there is some protein but there are much better ways to get your daily dose). And of course, all flour products turn into sugars once you digest them. Not good.