Menstral Cycle and working out...uh-oh?!

xDeannaGarciax
xDeannaGarciax Posts: 675
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am officially 1 week late today, I was suppose to be payed a visit from Aunt Flow on the 13th. This month has been a very grueling diet month for me because my goal date is coming up. I have been pushing myself hard this month and have drastically changed my diet since my last menstral cycle. So I guess my question is...Can these things make my cycle late? I know stress and things can but I haven't been stressed in the least bit and the latest I've been since I've had my son almost 2yrs ago was within only a couple of days, not a whole GIANT week!

Just curious before I go out and purchase a test if anyone else has experienced this as well?

Thank you ahead of time.

Replies

• When I started working out more and eating better my period was a whole 3 weeks late and I was FREAKING OUT!!!!! LOL.....but I wasnt pregnant and I am guessing it was from exercise and diet.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    I have heard that a new workout regimen can stall your cycle sometimes. I wouldn't know for sure but I would like to know as well since I should be starting any day now. Wish I could help more!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    My first 3 months on here I was late up to 3.5 weeks. I did take tests just to be on the safe side. This month it went back to normal from the date of my last visit.
  • lTlasha
    lTlasha Posts: 33 Member
    I am going right along with the other two comments, the whole work out regiment has more than likely delayed your cycle. Also, because you have been pushing yourself so hard to meet your up-coming goal date, your body probably is not use to this.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    From my experience, a healthy diet actually assisted in making my cycle more regular... In the first few months, I was a few days early, then a few days late, but never by a week. I would take a test just to be on the safe side, the sooner you can know the better... And keep us posted :)
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    When I was younger, I was very "regular". As I got older, my cycle shifted a little bit but the past couple of years have brought major changes to my cycle. My weight gain, stress, and now the increase in physical activity have caused my cycle to be delayed. Sometimes it's just a couple of days, one time it was a week and a half. This last month it was a week early! Anything and everything can change your cycle. If it's a major concern, make an appointment to see your gynocologist.

Good luck!
  • Thank you for all of the info/opinions ladies I've decided I'm gonna wait it out through the weekend and maybe test on Monday if I can make it that far, and if she doesn't arrive inbetween now and then! Thank you again :)
  • YEA i was whole month late even went to the Dr. lol... but it was just the change my body was going through!!
  • Mine was 8 days late this last month...it freaked me out as well, especially since we're done with our family. It finally showed after I stopped stressing so much. It was also much lighter and only lasted 4 days, which is awesome! (Mine are usually a full week).
  • Holy Moly, 10 days late! But it's here. Thank god! LOL, just about to test too. Thanks again for sharing! You girls rock :D
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    From what I understand, our hormones adjust greatly as we workout and continue eating healthy and losing weight, particularly Estrogen
  • I guess so! Very very strange for me to be so late. But hey it's here. Wonder if this is to be expected just this month or for a few?
This discussion has been closed.