starting 2nd week

Options
Hi All
I'm on my second week and have lost 4 lbs - WOOT!!! I'm 44 and have had a weight problem since I was 10. I managed to get down to a healthy weight for some time in my late 20's/early 30's but then kids came and so did all the weight- and more! Now that they are older I've decided its time for me to take back my life and get things under control once and for all. I lost 20lbs thus far since Dec '09 and am trying to maintain a 5lb a month loss. I've got 35lbs or so to go and if all goes well should be approaching my goal weight around the holiday's.

Jessica

Replies

• chantihayes
    chantihayes Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi Jessica! Good for you :)
    I am starting my second week as well. So far I am down 6lbs. I just learned a valuable lesson.. not to weigh myself daily, and when I do, make sure it is on the same scale! I was weighing daily, and then I went to my dr. yesterday morning, and with her scale and my starting weight, it looked like I lost 10lbs.. then later in the day,I weighed myself and nope, only 6 so far.
    I gained a bunch of weight when I had my first son at 19, and then lost almost all of it before he turned 1. Then I had my second son and gained less than before, but it stayed... for 2 1/2 years now... I joined a gym and was doing well and even lost 15lbs until I got a new job, a desk job, and gained all of it back over the last 6 months.. So here I am, at 25, just joined a new gym and I go 4 days/week. I am taking multivitamins and also a prescriptions appetite suppressant because I am always hungry, and sitting at my desk all day does not help. I am learning to choose the right foods even when we go out to dinner, and the app that goes with this website for the ipod is a huge help. When I am off the appetite suppressant I am VERY confident that I will maintain my new healthier weight because I am learning these things. So like I said.. 6lbs down, 50 or so to go!

Chantel