Need help figuring this out. Makes no sense to me.

Options
CoreyAS
CoreyAS Posts: 45 Member
I've been buying Perdue - Tender and Tasty Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts that come with 6 chicken breast in a bag. But the nutrition facts are confusing me.

I'm eating 2 of these a night for dinner, so how many grams of protein am I consuming? 46 grams, right? I have it added in my diary, but I have one breast as 1 serving.

But yeah, the question is if I eat 2 chicken breast a night, I will be consuming 46 grams of protein, 4 grams of fat, and 220 calories?

Here is a pic of the nutrition facts: http://i.imgur.com/lNKK75g.jpg

Appreciate any feedback,

Thanks.

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Each serving is 4 ounces, not one breast. According to the label you provided, 1 breast = 2 servings (12 servings per bag of 6 breasts) or 8 ounces per breast. If you eat 2 of them, you're eating 16 ounces so 92 grams of protein, 440 calories. It's much easier if you just use a scale to measure the food weight and calculate from there.
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to weigh the chicken breast before you cook it. It's unlikely that each breast is exactly 4 oz but that is what the serving size is, so you'll need to adjust the nutrients you record for the actual size of the chicken breast(s) you eat. (When I buy chicken breasts at Costco, they tend to weigh out at around 8 oz each, but each one varies.)

If the bag contains 6 chicken breasts but 12 servings, than each chicken breast is 2 servings. (But weigh them.) So if you are eating 2 chicken breasts, you are eating 4 servings and getting 92 grams of protein, 440 calories, 8g of fat.
  • CoreyAS
    Options
    Yikes. Appreciate the feedback.
  • CoreyAS
    Options
    Also, is there a way I can copy a whole days worth a tracking over to the next day without copying each meal over repeatedly?