I'm supposed to be able to wear a bikini - I live in Florida

Options
... and by fall I may be able to wear one!! (cause we can do that here lol)
Anyway, I am starting my second week on here so I thought I would introduce myself :)
So far I am down 6lbs. I just learned a valuable lesson.. not to weigh myself daily, and when I do, make sure it is on the same scale! I was weighing daily, and then I went to my dr. yesterday morning, and with her scale and my starting weight, it looked like I lost 10lbs.. then later in the day,I weighed myself and nope, only 6 so far.
Anyway, how I got here:
I gained a bunch of weight when I had my first son at 19, and then lost almost all of it before he turned 1. Then I had my second son and gained less than before, but it stayed... for 2 1/2 years now... I joined a gym and was doing well and even lost 15lbs until I got a new job, a desk job, and gained all of it back over the last 6 months.. So here I am, at 25, just joined a new gym and I go 4 days/week. I am taking multivitamins and also a prescriptions appetite suppressant because I am always hungry, and sitting at my desk all day does not help. I am learning to choose the right foods even when we go out to dinner, and the app that goes with this website for the ipod is a huge help. When I am off the appetite suppressant I am VERY confident that I will maintain my new healthier weight because I am learning these things. So like I said.. 6lbs down, 49 or so to go!

Chantel

Replies

• calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Welcome! I know what you mean . .. I should be wearing one too as I live in sunny Southern CA. I plan to once I get all this weight off. So far I'm down 8 pounds and it feels great . . . Next week, new pants!!! The ones I'm wearing now are finally too big!!! Its such a great feeling, but I know I still have a long way to go.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    weigh weekly. far more accurate and minimizes gameplay in your head. congrats on your success so far - keep it up!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Supposed to? What kind of mentality is that? Who set this standard? You can wear whatever you darn well want to!
    I live in Canada...should I then only wear a parka and mittens? Haha!
    You do what makes you feel good, not what anyone else says or thinks is acceptable!
  • lucy0430
    lucy0430 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good For you! I know what you mean about sitting at your desk, I am a nurse, but sit at a desk most of the day........it is very hard to stop the snacking, especially when it seems like eveybody walks around all day looking for a snack, or trying to give you one, I have only been on four days, and I am trying to make smart decisions, but it really is a wake up call when you see some of the calorie contents!
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    Hey welcome.

I to have weight to lose from my second son (almost 2 years ago)

Definitely weigh yourself on the same scale LOL, I weighed myself on the same scale a week apart, it said I lost 12 lbs in total but I dont believe that happened in a week, so I bought my own, altered my weight on here and am beginning fresh since this new scale said I had only lost 7...good luck :)