40% carbs - 30% protein - 30% fat

Options
Does anyone have a menu plan for a day that could give me a good idea of what to eat to get the right 40-30-30 combination?

Replies

• reachme
    reachme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have set the same goals. Always overeating on the carbs and falling short on protein. Would love to know this menu.
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! No menu per we but I try to eat within these macros. It is rarely perfect but I am having some success at getting close most days. Feel free to check out my diary.

So - I recently realized that milk is exactly 40/30/30, how cool is that? Almost justifies drinking lots of coffee!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That's how my goals are set, too. You're more than welcome to look at my diary. It's really not perfect, far from it. But I usually get pretty close. Or, close enough. I find that if I really focus on proteins, the carbs sort of fall into place. Sort of.
  • mlang111
    mlang111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check out your diaries, and send friend requests, if you don't mind.
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    This spreadsheet might help you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvxiwUDlv3yjdEYyc2VmSk1DWGt0OXROUjVmVmYwbkE#gid=0

I made it to help me design a shopping list for 2 weeks worth of food that had the right ratios.

The food choices I have given may not totally suit you, but it should help you work out the type of food you need to meet your ratio goal.

(prices are from Woolworths Australia btw)
  • mlang111
    mlang111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will definitely check out your spreadsheet when I get home from work. It won't let me open it here :(
    Thanks for your info