Hey hey! Mother of four needs help

Options
I had my son January 2012..I gained only 29 pounds total but I am still stuck between 127-130 pounds..It bounces around that and I cant seem to get anywhere with losing this last 10 pounds..I tried not to worry about it while I was nursing..But now its on! I do really well during the week with diet but horrible on the weekend when I am out and about.. I would love tips..Calorie amount also gets me..Because I workout 4-5 times a week...I love Zumba! I do that at least 3 times a week at the gym and I am active with 4 kids. I am wondering if I am eating a too small amount of calories for food. It say 1400 calories but I am always moving around and if I eat 1400 calories I dont have the energy i need. Please help with positive comments. I appreciate it :) And I know its my last 10 pounds which my body doesnt want to give up so what amount should I be going for on weekly weightloss? I would love to be at 120 sometime this summer :)

Replies

• oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Mother of 4 here too! 8, 6, 4 amd 19 months :)

Try changing your workout routine. Or try not working out for a week then get right back into it.

Take snacks for yourself when you are out and about instead of buying junk
  • Taberoony
    Options
    I'm another mother of 4; they are 13, 8, 5 , and 2!

I would suggest trying a different workout routine (such as HIIT) to get your body past that hanging-on stage. Even a week of an Insanity type program could rev your metabolism. Also, it's where your calories are coming from; this site is great to track, but still doesn't give accurate details of what types of fats/protein/carbs we should each ideally be getting based on our body's individual requirements. Perhaps asking a dietician to help you come up with a very specifically catered diet plan would help if the changing exercise doesn't. Best of luck!
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies..My kids are 1,3,5 and 7.. I have my hands full and now I am done having kids I want my body back! No more surprised pregnancies. I am about a size 7 in jeans but would love to be able to fit back into my old jeans and my old wardrobe prepregnancy. It seems like with every pregnancy the harder it was to get the weight off. Anyways I am deffiently done with fast food today I ate prety well and me and my friend have decided no sugar for the next 30 days.. But calorie amount confuses me..I am thinking I should focus on just losing a pound a week and up my calorie amount so I have more energy.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mama to 4 (8,7,5 and 13 mos.) living in South Idaho. Used to live in Pleasant Grove, UT...so we aren't very far from each other! Sounds to me that if you started lifting weights you would shape up very nicely :)
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Time to workout and build strength to handle those kids, you can also up your calories then and push your metabolism.
    I've started a FB group to help with motivation and support, just let me know if interested.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    No more surprised pregnancies.

Ah. Seven pregnancies, six children .... Finally my husband got the Big V.

It's heaven knowing that I never have to worry about it anymore.