working out with a broken foot

Options
OK need ideas, I broke my foot, I cannot put on shoes (other than flip flops) right now so I cannot go to the gym. I am REALLY missing working out.

Any ideas of how to get some sort of home workout at home, I only have one set 5lbs weights for equipment.

Did I mention, I miss my workouts!

Replies

• MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    All upper body workouts with weights!!
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtrciwU4Fbo heres a link i found, thought it might help! I did this when i hurt my ankle and it surprisingly helped! you can always add weights and vary it too! she has lots more videos too about doing stuff just sitting on your bed. I tried to go faster with windmills and stuff to raise my heart rate to get more of a burn. you'll have killer biceps by your recovery!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    this is why I cannot wait until I can get my runners at least on, I don't own weights (other than my one set of 5lbs) that I bought for the 30 day shred. So I can at least get to the gym and use their weights for upper body and see what I can modify for abs.
  • mumtoonegirl
    Options
    thanks so much for that video link! I will start that tomorrow!
  • kailexx
    Options

I hope it helps, It's simple and you don't have to worry about putting any strain on your ankle! ( and who really wants to leave their bed anyway? )
  • mumtoonegirl
    Options

I hope it helps, It's simple and you don't have to worry about putting any strain on your ankle! ( and who really wants to leave their bed anyway? )

I won't likely be able to do them from bed, I can however do them in my living room when the kids sleep. I run and operate a home daycare/preschool so I have 6 children 6 and under here with me daily. Staying in bed is NOT an option. But at nap/rest time this would be perfect.
  • kailexx
    Options

I won't likely be able to do them from bed, I can however do them in my living room when the kids sleep. I run and operate a home daycare/preschool so I have 6 children 6 and under here with me daily. Staying in bed is NOT an option. But at nap/rest time this would be perfect.

Oh perfect! that works out well, hope it helps!