Trying to leave the deficit

Options
But I can't even reach my TDEE! I'm eating more than have the last couple of months and I feel so filled up.

Is this a phase? Will I be able to eat normally soon?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    um..butter?
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ice cream....
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. (Unless you're allergic)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You will adjust. Try adding 100 calories a day for a week. Then another 100 the next week. You'll be fine. 100 calories isn't much, that's a handful of almonds or peanuts or whatever you prefer.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If you go from eating nearly nill to lots of course you're going to feel full. Particularly if you cram all the extra in at one meal. Have bigger everything...breakfasts, dinners...suppers. Eat small things in between. Eat more calorie dense foods like the above posters said (avocado, nuts, things with fat). Eating chicken breast and veg isn't as healthy as you think. It's important to get fat in your diet to help absorb the nutrients in those things. If you don't like butters and oils and vinegars, get fattier cuts of meat (they're delicious on the BBQ and not so dry). Sprinkle things here and there (seeds, nuts, peanut/almond butter, protein powders make good toppings/mixes for a lot of things like yogurt etc). No need to feel unpleasantly full all the time, doing the things above help avoid that. It's good to get the calories up for nutrition sake, make sure you get lots of veg, the extra fat will help you absorb the nutrients in them. Don't be afraid to go over, expect more then normal water weight fluctuations with increased calorie intake at first.

Personally I like:
    roasted nuts with homemade oil/vinegar based dressings on my salads (with avocado). If you like a lot of dressing (I don't) and don't lick the bowl out, remember you didn't ingest those calories.
    Seeds in my yogurt and steel cut oats (with coco powder or cinnamon etc)
    I make a delicious chocolate crunchy peeanut butter protein pancake (made from egg and chocolate protein powder) in avocado rings fried in coconut oil (I like coconut oil, it doesn't go funny at high heat like the ever so popular low smoke point olive oil does which some people don't seem to realize).
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    avocado, nuts, and nut butters. Generally speaking, more foods full of healthy fats.