Goodbye hiking pants :(

Options
Me and my fiance recently got into hiking around the different parks on weekends. After the first 3 weekends I decided to go and treat myself to some breezy hiking pants so I wouldn't keep getting my 'office' pants dirty before the start of the week.

Shopping has become extremely unpleasant. It's very hard to find larger athletic/outdoors (not yoga/sweat) pants. Most of the stores around where I live only order up to 14 even thought the companies make 16. I finally found size 16 Columbia pants with draw string to turn into shorts, and water resistant too!

This past Saturday I was super excited to go for a hike. But my pants were no wear to be found. We tore through our apartment and couldn't find them :( I was so bummed out, angry that I was out of about $80 of my hard earned money and I'd have to go through the whole shopping ordeal again. It kind of makes me feel superficial to be so attached to clothing. But nice clothing really means a lot when it's harder to come by.... :'(

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    bummer! Maybe they are hanging out with that other sock??????????????

Some people have lots of success at 2nd hand shops, especially as weight is changing............ just a thought.

good for you to be out enjoying mother nature. have you tried geocaching??????? very cool - need a gps - then log on to the site and you can check it out. I really enjoy the out doors too:smile:
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry you lost them. I bet they'll show up when you're not looking for them. It usually happens that way. If you don't find them, I got my hiking pants online from Sierra Trading Post for a decent price, so maybe you could get a new pair there. I've given up on shopping in stores for now too for the same reason. It's just not fun at my current size.

I love hiking too. It's nice to walk around for a few hours, and burn a lot of calories. The views aren't bad either. :smile: