Why havent I lost any weight?

Options
reneegez
reneegez Posts: 13 Member
Im watching my calories, watch what Im drinking, workout about 30 day + 15 on the elliptical....and still no results WTF!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I always suspect people who post posts like this are neither eating enough nor being patient enough.

Edit: Your ticker says you've lost 4 pounds -- how is that not results? :smile:
  • jcollier117
    jcollier117 Posts: 18
    Options
    dont get to upset, the same thing just happen this morning until i took my measurements and lost inches in my waist and hips. plus I had water weight gain for my monthly and to much sodium. so i had gained weight and didnt realize it. so my weight from last week didnt move but my inches went down in the 4 days i up my exercise. It will come off give it another week. also check your measurement.

hang it there!!!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your profile shows you have lost 4 pounds, and you just joined this month. Four pounds is good!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    In a previous response you said you were at this for 2 weeks, 4 pounds in 2 weeks is good, that is 2 pounds per week, which is probably what your goal is set at, so what results were you hoping for with a goal of 2 pounds per week??
  • kcampbell111
    Options
    This is why I don't use the message boards...I just happened to check them out of curiosity. Why do all of these reponses sound so snarky?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't use the message boards...I just happened to check them out of curiosity. Why do all of these reponses sound so snarky?
    I guess it's all in the tone that you read them in. I dont find these comments to be snarky.

1-2 lbs a week is pretty avarage.
    I guess what were you expecting to lose per week? You need to keep in mind that this is a healthy way to lose the weight.
    I joined the site to get over my plateau. It works.

You've lost 4 lbs! That's good and you should be happy about that!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I think you may be mistaking facts and opinions as being "snarky", it can be quite difficult to tell the tone of a message when it is written, but you don't have to jump to the most negative conclusion. Some of the responses I thought were trying to encourage and say she was doing good, how is that "snarky"?
  • leg8
    leg8 Posts: 49
    Options
    I think that this is a rather interesting case of communication problems that occur over the Internet. Perhaps if all of the posters supplemented their comments with smiley faces (e.g., :smile: :bigsmile: ) and lots of "lols" and "hahaha!!" you wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there were "snarky" undertones in the messages... heheh =)
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    They aren't snarky, they are just stating the obvious, that she is doing fantastic. It is just hard for all of us to put things into perspective since we are wanting results yesterday.

4 pounds is a great start, you have got to remember you did not gain the weight in one day and you will not lose it all in one day. Stick with it, you are doing good so far. I have not looked at your profile and food intake, but what you are doing so far is working. Keep at it. It also is trial and error on everyone's part. You will find what works for you best and what doesn't. We are all here to help you in any way we can. Ask lots of questions and I know that someone here will have an answer for you.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love the boards and haven't had an encounter of anyone not being positive, or trying to help. It's hard to get a tone across to someone on the computer, but if you give it a shot I promise you'll love it. These people are great and are full of so much experience and valuable information. I think the boards really motivate and jumpstart your success :) Give us a chance
    Im watching my calories, watch what Im drinking, workout about 30 day + 15 on the elliptical....and still no results WTF!

I just wanted to tell you that when I started this, the first two weeks I lost 3 lbs a week so I lost 6 lbs and then these last 2.5 has taken me a month to get off. Stick with it and just keep striving for one number more and one number more and before you know it they add up to be your goal! :)<3
  • reneegez
    reneegez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I did forget this is the "healthy" way of loosing weight. In the past I saw 10 lbs in 3 days...doing the fab diets.....thats what I was looking for! Thanks for making me realize that. I have noticed my husband be alot nicer to me....maybe he notices inches Hmmmmmm! :o) Thanks again! xoxo