Treadmill mishaps

Options
CaseyLynn216
CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
Ughhh am I the only one who accidentally pulls the safety magnet from the treadmill in the middle of a workout and has to reset everything? Just my luck, after it came out today it said lube belt! Now I can't even get back on...Just thought I'd vent a little :)

Anyone else have any random or silly workout moments?

Replies

• Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I broke my pedal on my home exercise bike and completely understand the frustration.
  • muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, done that, was in a race with someone and they reached for my water bottle and pulled the magnet.

Also, I've fallen over when I have stepped off, if you're on a treadmill for a while, you can get dizzy when you step off, always looks funny!

MK
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Ughhh am I the only one who accidentally pulls the safety magnet from the treadmill in the middle of a workout and has to reset everything? Just my luck, after it came out today it said lube belt! Now I can't even get back on...Just thought I'd vent a little :)

Anyone else have any random or silly workout moments?

Yes I sure do..I worked out on my treadmill yesterday and decided to close my eyes and pretend I was in some far away place. I had my head set on and was listing to some Nickleback, I was a little depressed when I got on there so I really needed to go to this far away place but not on the other side of the room..I set my treadmill for the i fit program and if you own a treadmill you may have this where it changes speeds and will elevate some, well to say the least I didn't realize how close to the back of that thing I was cause me like a dummy had my eyes closed and the next thing I know I am going pretty fast and came right off the back of that thing like a fly saucer...lol..Well I didn't get hurt thank god just twisted my foot a little but its all good...To say the least I never made it to the far away place I wanted to go but sure got a good laugh at myself for being so stupid...lol
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    My 3yr old fell and started crying and I jumped off the treadmill while it was in motion to get over to him (he was fine). The only thing was when I got back on I kind of forgot it was in motion, jumped on and twisted my ankle. Duh!!! Why I didn't just stop it before I got on is beyond me.... :smile:
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    I've done that many times
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yup, been there, done that. How frustrating!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It sure has, just last night, but it was early on, so I just didn't hook it to me....too dangerous LOL
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Been there, done that as well... 20 or so minutes into a 30 minutes training session. Aaaargh!!!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    One of my worst fears is falling on the treadmill at the gym and making an azz of myself, lol. NO ONE wears the safety stop so I don't either, I just know one day I will regret that, lol.
  • fromLwithlove
    Options
    I tried to drink water while jogging on a treadmill at a speed of 4km/h which doesnt sound too bad but was actually difficult.. i ended up choking on my water while trying to lower the speed via touch screen and not working very well!! I caused a huge scene
  • treehugger88
    treehugger88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, done that, was in a race with someone and they reached for my water bottle and pulled the magnet.

Also, I've fallen over when I have stepped off, if you're on a treadmill for a while, you can get dizzy when you step off, always looks funny!

MK

The first time I got off the treadmill after running for 30 minutes, I got really lightheaded and was like "Whoa, dude.... this is kinda cool", haha.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options

MK

The first time I got off the treadmill after running for 30 minutes, I got really lightheaded and was like "Whoa, dude.... this is kinda cool", haha.

The first time I went to the gym I went on the treadmill for an hour and had NO IDEA that you could get dizzy from a treadmill, when I went to get off I thought I was going to fall over, lol. Now I always turn the treadmill off and stand there for a few seconds before gtetting off, lol.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I went to the gym to use their treadmill, jumped on it and off I ran. At one point I wanted to up the speed and pressed down on the button, click click click beep beep click click click beep beep it went as I put it upto 15kph.

Unfortunately, I had to grab hold of the handrails on the side and jump up to land on the metal bits at the side, you see I had inadvertently clicked away from kilometres per hour onto MILES per hour and instead of 15kpm I now had the thing going at 15 MPH which is 24 kph!

God know what the mechanic who was cleaning the machine next to me thought, he probably marked me down in his little black book as a lunatic! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I had an elliptical mishap. Check out the results below (that's my shin)

646401_4941.jpg