Options
911tiff
911tiff Posts: 14 Member
Hi everyone!

I just joined about 3 days ago off the advice of another member who has been on here for a while it seems.
However today is the first day that I was able to "steal" the lap top from my kids lol so this is the first time I have made it to the real site.

a little about me:

I am a 34 year old married mother of 2...I girl 14 and 1 boy 9. my family is my everything!
I am from a very small county in Eastern NC, Grew up here and now my kids get to enjoy all the quiet country life has to offer. I met my husband when I was in high school and we married right after I graduated, this june will be 16 years married for us.
I am an Emergency 911 dispatcher and love with all its craziness.

what brought me here was a slap to reality. a hard one at that.
On March 15th I became very sick while at work, (it had been building and I had an apt for the following Monday) so bad that I was told to leave and take care of myself. After a tearful call to my doctors office I got worked in that afternoon. little did I know that the officer who made me leave that might have saved my life....after the whole box of test my doc did one last to see if I was pregnant, I knew I wasn't but at that point I wanted answers, thank goodness she did. I was not pregnant however the test showed sugar spilling into my urine, a finger stick later and I was in shock, a blood glucose of 552 and an a1c of 11.3. My world came to a stop, I shouldn't have been able to walk in there or even be functioning. so when I walked out of the office that day I new I had to change. and I did.

I have gotten my blood glucose into an ok range in a short amount of time, low to mid 90's to 120's for the most part, in a months time. sometimes I have my days that I struggle but I will do this!

Replies