Not consuming enough calories...

I have been eating great and healthy foods, but they are all low in calories. I am not hungry after I eat them, but at the end of the day I am way under my caloric allowance, especially when my exercise is accounted for. I have my calorie limit at 1200 per day, but I am lucky if I even reach 900 calories.

Here is what I ate today for an example:

Breakfast-
1/4 cup Oat Bran with 1 tsp of sugar and a few dashes of cinnamon
I small apple

Snack-
Nabisco 100 calorie snack pack

Lunch-
2 Tostadas with 1/4 cup corn, 2 tbsp black beans, 1/4 cup shredded lettuce,
1/4 cup cheddar cheese and a squeeze of lime

Snack-
4 strips of seaweed (snack size)
4 chinese rice crackers

Dinner-
2 slices of whole wheat bread
One whole hard boiled egg (large)
One hard boiled egg whites (large)
1/4 of a large Hass avocado
1 tsp honey mustard
2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese
2 slices roma tomatoes
few pieces of baby spinach

That is what I ate today and I exercised for an hour, burning approx. 380 calories. With all that said and done my net calories comes out to about 880. I don't feel hungry. Should I force myself to eat something anyway?

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    I am pasting this from your profile

" I went on a diet which cut my sugar intake in half and lost nearly 30 lbs, but it was very difficult to maintain so I ended up gaining it all back. I am more determined now than ever to live a healthy life and not deprive myself, but not over indulge either. Lets see how it goes!"

I say, eat some more. Don't restrict to the point where you feel confined. Exercise, eat healthily and enjoy. Don't over think it.
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Yes eat at 1200 for a few weeks and see if you continue to lose weight. If not readjust your intake. If you need extra calories get some of that there peanut butter.