Butt reconstruction? (no surgery)

I figured this would be the best place to talk about people who have a completely different looking butt now that they have lost a lot of weight. Success stories are from people who have had success... right? :)

I have about 95 more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight and I am just so disappointed in the way that my body looks. I have been focusing a lot on my butt, as some girls do and I have to admit that I am not happy with it at all. It just doesn't look perky or defined... it's just kind of, there.

Is there anyone out there who has lost a good amount of weight and have noticed a difference in the appearance or size of your butt.... ? I know it's a weird question but, I am just looking for some inspirational butts ;)

You can post pictures or talk about the exercises that you did because, I am n need of some ideas.

I am thinking that squats can do a whole lot for your behind but, I have heard so many different stories. Someone enlighten me.

Replies

• bgmunoz
    bgmunoz Posts: 24 Member
    Squats squats and more squats lol I started doing 100 day and have increased them. Currently at 165 squats a day. I havent lost any weight BUT my clothes are A LOT more comfy and! My butt is perking up... Seriously .... Squat. U can do them anywhere doesn't take long at all.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    I'm on day 13 of the 30 Day squat challenge.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    LUNGES work-no lie......:drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,942 Member
    To build a rounder butt, you need to increase the muscle in the glutes. That happens with progressive overload training and a slight calorie surplus.

While 100 a day squats will build muscle endurance, it really doesn't do much in terms of muscle shaping or size.

Let me add though, that genetics also will dictate how your muscle shape is. If you have wide hips and small butt, then curse your parents.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    To build a rounder butt, you need to increase the muscle in the glutes. That happens with progressive overload training and a slight calorie surplus.

While 100 a day squats will build muscle endurance, it really doesn't do much in terms of muscle shaping or size.

Let me add though, that genetics also will dictate how your muscle shape is. If you have wide hips and small butt, then curse your parents.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about!^

Curses to my parents....... I will not be a slave to my genetics, I do all the squats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!