Fatty liver

badsnacker
badsnacker Posts: 11
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, I can google that but is there anyone who has it and can through in some good advice? I'm going to see a speialist so I know what I'm up against.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have known people that have it but I do not. To help, they went vegetarian to cut out to many fatty foods. Also having to cut out alcohol.
  • badsnacker
    badsnacker Posts: 11
    Cut out alcohol??? wow
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    My mom has this and she was told to stick to a lowfat diet and, as the PP said, cut out alcohol.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    It depends what type you have (Alcoholic or non-alcoholic fatty liver). I'm not sure people with non-alcoholic fatty liver are told to 'cut out' alcohol but probably advised the same healthy alcohol messages as everyone (ie no binges of more than 2 drinks during a day, 2 alcohol free days etc). For alcoholic, it's definitely all about the alcohol but you may be advised a low fat diet as well. For non-alcoholic, most likely weight loss and low fat diet.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    I was told to break the fast food habit and then not obsesses about it; fatty liver not involving alcohol use is pretty common in the US because of our now-crappy dietary habits. Get control of that and you can help correct fatty liver issues.

It's going to depend on the severity of the amount of fat on and in the liver and how much liver function there is, but typically (from what I understand) once you break the fatty food habit, you heal the fatty liver.
This discussion has been closed.