I just DECIDED and it happened...

Options
Hello,
I am a classic hard working eat-a-holic. Super busy and hit a drive thru on the way to work. Super busy and order some good stuff to be delivered. Super tired and grab another drive thru on the way home. This was my routine for 4 years straight. I woke up feeling terrible and LIVED for my next delicious unhealthy meal. If it was packed full of empty carbs I was all for it - fries, pizza, onion rings, chips, nachos... on and on until one day I looked at myself and hated what I saw.
I don't mean I hated my fatness(which i do)... I mean I hated the completely disrespectful way I was treating myself. I am supposed to be my own best friend. I am supposed to be the one person I can rely on when all else goes wrong. I was failing myself one doughnut, cupcake and french fry at a time!!!
I literally just decided that I wanted to live and while I was alive... I wanted to be the BEST ME I could be. This website and a good close friend have helped me toggle the disrespectful me off. I DO love myself and DO want more out of life. It has been 5 weeks and I am down just over 19 lbs at this point. The first week all I did was watch my calories. The second week I spent hours reading WHAT to eat and planning my meals while watching my calories. The third week I learned to love foods that loves me back.
OH and guess what... I had a bacon cheese burger on Saturday and while it was yummy, it was LEAST interesting part of my day. I live for ME now, not my next greasy, sugar packed meal.

Replies

• Healthynut31
    Healthynut31 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You sound really happy and super excited!! I hope that you find continuous success in your endeavors!! If you look on my page my motto is Living while I am alive!! I see that it is yours as well!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chelseaax
    Chelseaax Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :) I'm sure you'll do great, YOU CAN DO IT
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    rock on!
  • hbfirstlady
    hbfirstlady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go Jason! Stick with it. You are worth it.
  • shantibk
    shantibk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That rocks!! well done... sometimes it all comes down to that day you make the decision. I went through a similar process but it took me longer to get off my fat *kitten*... but well have our own journeys I guess.
    Well done for making your decision! You deserve the best you and the best food for your body!
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Jason. I've just started changing my lifestyle, too. :smile:
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    You can do this!! :)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    At then end of the day it's just you. Be happy with who you are and if you feel like you need to change, be that change...
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    WOW, thanks for all the instant and positive support!! It is comforting to find people who understand and share my new found passion!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and are doing so well. If you need another friend feel free to send me a request.
  • Leesel66
    Leesel66 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude and outlook you have Jason. Well done on the start of your journey, Keep us posted on your progress. Happy to follow your progress :drinker:
  • hbfirstlady
    hbfirstlady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with Leslie. Please let us know how you are doing. :smile:
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Deciding is the hard part, I came to that 7 weeks ago and I'm so glad I found the MFP community.
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good for you! You are worth it! If you're looking for anymore friends, feel free to add me! :)
  • tnozzy
    tnozzy Posts: 52
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far

Keep up the good work
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Your determination is evident and will help you succeed...because you realize you're worth it! I hope you keep us posted on how you're doing.
  • mspasdechat
    mspasdechat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story, congrats!
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I so get it!

I heard my coworkers cackling about working out and watched them lose weight and decided, "why not me?" One of them told me about MFP, and 55 days later, I'm 11 lbs lighter AND I have lost at least 4" off my waist!

Welcome, glad you all are here. Reading these message boards really helps me. :smile:
  • learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So awesome ;) I felt pretty much the same way!! Keep up the awesome job!!
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I literally just decided that I wanted to live and while I was alive... I wanted to be the BEST ME I could be.

THIS is AWESOME.

Keep it up, you've got this!!!!!