New to the Site

Options
stephflo33
stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
Hello all from Kentucky! I am a low carber who just stumbled on to this website, and am already hooked! I look forward to hearing all about others weight loss journeys and succes stories! My lifestyle change came about when my daughter was going through our photo albums and found a picture of me from about 8-10 years ago and she said, "Wow, Mom! You used to be really hot!" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Some of the things I would like to work myself up to include biking and jogging. I currently walk 1-2 miles per day, but have always been a "runner" at heart. Not sure if I am there just yet, though...

Replies

• badsnacker
    badsnacker Posts: 11
    Options
    Yeah I know how that feels. My son wants to "play on the drum" an old saying in Europe, "You must hear the truth from drunk people and kids"

Welcome to the site.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm new to this site -- I've been hooked on the iphone app for a few weeks now and it's changing my life. It forces you to be accountable for you decisions. It's almost funny -- I scarfed a few cookies at work the other day and realized that they were more calories/fat/carbs than my entire dinner...
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. One of my "a-ha" moments was by my son, simply stated, "Dad, you've got a fat belly". From the mouths of babes. Good luck to you.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • MouthyMatthewCHANGED
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm new too and loving it so far :-)