x box

Options
Hi, Has anyone got an x box? If so is it any good for fitness workouts? I have been using the wii but it's broken and just fancied a change.

Replies

• LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have ps3 and like using the motion sports games. Xbox you do have to pay a monthly fee to play online. There is huge debate over ps3 vs xbox. But the sports games I have are fun. The tiger woods golf games really make you feel like you played golf all day except for walking the green the whole time. I have yet to try one of the dance games, check them out on youtube. They look fun.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    I have all 3 wii, xbox, and ps3. I personally prefer the wii. I was super psyched to get the xbox/kinnect but mine seems to never be able to detect me in the camera area. I am sweating like crazy doing my zumba and its not picking me up 50% of the time, then my toddler comes into view and it picks up every crazy move she makes lol even after Ive adjusted the height. Maybe I got a bad one :-). In all fairness though I haven't tried the ps3 move, my kids use it though. I think for me the downside to the wii is holding the remote. The dance games are fun too.
  • ccid722
    ccid722 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do and I use it for Nike+ kinect training as well as others. I have found them great for a workout - I use a polar to monitor my heart rate and I do get my heart rate up and burn some great calories on days that the gym just cant happen. Its also handy for other games that aren't fitness per say, but are active sporting style games on Kinect, where the full body is used. I would highly recommend it.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I love my xbox for streaming befitmedia's workouts on Youtube - they have things like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. YouTube, really, has a ton of exercise videos if you take the time to find what you enjoy. :)
  • bubblewrap91
    bubblewrap91 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've got the xbox and kinect, the zumba games are really good and things like dance central, you don't really realise you're excercising because it's fun :) !