I am at a plateau again!! P90x help!

sjcply
sjcply Posts: 817 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I started this Jan 26 at 176lbs, I am doing p90x 6 days a week. I finish round 1 with GREAT results. (I was doing lean version) I am starting wk 4 of round 2 classic version. (i do add 2 evenings extra of cardio on top of regular p90x) My base calorie intake is 1200, I usually eat 1500 on my exercise days. (burn @ 600-800 cal per day) I drink 80-96 oz water daily

I have not lost in 4 wks....I will gain a few lbs then lose it, my wt is flucuating like normal at the end of each week I am always back at 159, but I cant break past this159!! UGH! my goal is 155, but will probably go down to 150.

question is....
Should I change up my workout and do something else, increase my calories, workout more/less?

any suggestions of what you guys did to break the platueau will be appreciated!
Thanks

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    I dont know the answer but I'm going to guess that you need to eat more calories if you burn that much. That seems to be what people say for this sort of thing. I havent done P90X yet. But, I have increased my calorie intake and it has helped me a bit.
  • mrsdouglas1
    mrsdouglas1 Posts: 19 Member
    They say when your close to your goal that its the hardest to lose . . . I read some where you have to trick your body, change your routine a little bit maybe its use to your workouts you do. I would say Yes, change it up a little bit and see what happens. Good luck and good job! :D
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    If you're doing p90x everyday, I'd say definitely go up to 1400 permanently. You're burning a TON of calories. Mommyhof3 is on P90x, 1400 calories, and losing like crazy!!! :bigsmile: I was on 1200 and burning 2-3000 calories per week and was on a plateau for a month and had 3-4 lbs of water weight. Once I went up to 1400, I lost my water weight within a week!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    When I plateaued on P90x I upped my calories to 1500 plus eating most of my exercise calories. It seems to be working now as I am going down regularly again

I also use a HRM, weigh and measure everything that goes into my mouth just in case I am over/under estimating :smile:

Oh and I have 250ml of 1% chocolate milk after each heavy workout.
  • sjcply
    If you're doing p90x everyday, I'd say definitely go up to 1400 permanently. You're burning a TON of calories. Mommyhof3 is on P90x, 1400 calories, and losing like crazy!!! :bigsmile: I was on 1200 and burning 2-3000 calories per week and was on a plateau for a month and had 3-4 lbs of water weight. Once I went up to 1400, I lost my water weight within a week!!

is this 1400 before exercise, and is she eating all of her exercise calories back? So that would mean I would be eating 1400 + the 600+ that I burn?
  • mommyhof3

is this 1400 before exercise, and is she eating all of her exercise calories back? So that would mean I would be eating 1400 + the 600+ that I burn?

It is 1500 plus most of my exercise calories. Sometimes it's just too many calories to get in in a day.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    I think my problem is when I chose to eat "all" my calories for the day I don't eat what I'm supposed to eat. I eat junk! =( I'm very depressed as I gained 3 more pounds. I've hardly lost anything since doing p90x. I'm not doing the food plan because it's too hard for my family. it just doesn' twork especially at this time of year with school ending (I'm a teacher)
    anyways, I don't know if I should just stop the p90x and go back to the gym!
  • mommyhof3
    I think my problem is when I chose to eat "all" my calories for the day I don't eat what I'm supposed to eat. I eat junk! =( I'm very depressed as I gained 3 more pounds. I've hardly lost anything since doing p90x. I'm not doing the food plan because it's too hard for my family. it just doesn' twork especially at this time of year with school ending (I'm a teacher)
    anyways, I don't know if I should just stop the p90x and go back to the gym!

I don't follow the diet for P90x right now for the same reason. Maybe when I do round 2 I will try ti incorporate it in. Stay with P90x. Did you take measurements? Are you measuring what you eat? Using a HRM so you are not overestimating what you are burning?
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I think you're a bit low on calorie intake. You should be consuming 1600-1800/day to lose during P90X.
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    I'm doing P90x, my baseline was set at 1400 and I burn around 500-600 per day w/ P90x so I'm eating around 2000 per day. I'm also pretty close to my goal weight, so it is harder to drop but I've lost 5lb so far.

Diamonangel your Round 1 before and after pics are amazing! How long before you saw results?
  • sjcply
    Diamonangel your Round 1 before and after pics are amazing! How long before you saw results?

about 1/2 way through. I had wt loss pretty steady the whole time about 1- 1.5 lbs a week.
  • sjcply
    ok thanks everyone! I will up my base calories intake to 1400 then add my exercise calories and see how it goes! :happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Good luck! Btw, you look amazing already :happy:
  • sjcply
    Good luck! Btw, you look amazing already :happy:

Thank you!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.