Have I hit a plateau?

Options
For my first 1-2 months of MFP I was on the 1200 calorie diet and found it a real struggle, but was successful with it. Then I hit a plateau and through a lot of useful information on the forums, I upped my calories to 1350 to see how I went with that. Again, was very successful and probably lost at least 10lbs from that.
Now, for the last 3 weeks I have been stuck between 64kgs and 62.5kgs, my weight is constantly going up and down between that although mostly sitting at 63.3kgs.
I upped to 1400 calories about a week and a half ago (I know it's only 50 cals difference but I was playing around with different calculators and MFP settings) but I've still had no joy at shifting past this.
I have changed from running to yoga (aerobics/weight loss yoga) during this time to see if working some different muscles will make a difference but still, nothing.

I have a lightly active lifestyle if you don't include my exercising (which is usually 5-6 days per week for at least 30 minutes) and most days I end up walking for at least 30 minutes. I do have the odd day where I sit at home and don't do anything currently as I finished my old job and start a new one in 2 weeks time (so I am bored and broke!) but on these days I still do a workout so I've kept myself moving.

My diet consists of a fairly low carb intake most days, lots of vegetables and protein. I eat a lot of poached eggs, ham and a healthy breakfast (usually porridge/oats/wheat based cereal).

Should I be doing something differently?
Anyone got any tips?

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Oh and to add, I am a 22 year old female. Height is 5'4 and my goal weight is roughly 130-135lbs, currently floating around the 139lbs mark.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to focus on body recomposition now. you're very close to goal, are you doing weight training?
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    try this

change up your food, so don't eat the same foods day in and day out/ week in and week out

change up you exercise
    eg one day running, next day bike, next tme weights, or etc etc

I do gym-weights, cardo- bike, rower step etc, karate orienteering

anyone can add me
  • khall86790
    Options
    sounds like you need to focus on body recomposition now. you're very close to goal, are you doing weight training?

No, I am moving in about 2 weeks so was saving joining a gym or investing in weights until after (I travel so it seemed silly to load my suitcase with hand weights to have to lug them around just before I leave!).
    The only weight training I do currently is body weight training, all the work outs I do use body weight for strength work outs e.g. planks, push ups, etc.) which is why I've gotten into an aerobics style of yoga as I can feel it working my muscles.
  • khall86790
    Options
    try this

change up your food, so don't eat the same foods day in and day out/ week in and week out

anyone can add me

But this style of eating has worked for me for the last 4 months (up until now) and it has a very good mix of vegetables, protein, carbs and fats. So if I go and change that I don't see how without it being as good a variation?
    I understand something isn't working now but on these boards people preach about how it's calorie intake that creates the loss e.g. deficit of 3500 cals = 1lb of fat loss so I don't see how changing what I am eating will effect this as I'd still be consuming the same number of calories?
  • khall86790
    Options
    bump