Excess skin on stomach after baby, how do I lose?

Options
I had a 10 pound 3 oz baby last year and it has left a lot of stretched skin on my stomach. My stomach has stretched very far out and I now have a huge overhang of excess flesh. I have lost weight however my stomach has drooped even more as there is less 'fat' there to hold it up. Not only does it make me feel awful about myself, (this admittedly sounds very funny but I am being serious) I can't do star jumps as part of my exercise dvd or run for a long time because it jumps up and down. It is also quite sore when it jumps up and down.

I spoke to my GP and he said I could possibly qualify for a small operation which would be a form of tummy tuck, as it is just loose flesh however if I go on to have more children and it happened again I would have to go private for an operation as they wouldn't do it twice. I have one child and ideally would prefer to have another one so looks like I might need to grin and bear it for another while.

Has anyone else had this after pregnancy, and how did you deal with it?

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'd wait until you're done bearing children to have a TT done. Skin loses elasticity at the suture line and it can leave nasty scarring or even tearing.

Just my opinion.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    abs exercise

http://printableworkouts.com/

We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.

anyone can add me