Calories left over is it ok?

Options
On days I exercise I don't want to add those
Calories burned is that ok? And on days I don't
Exercise I have 100-400 calories leftover at the
End if the day is it ok to not eat those too??

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would eat the exercise calories back on day you exercise and try not to be under when you don't exercise. Remember that your calorie goal MFP gives you already has a deficit built into it.
  • vixs4
    vixs4 Posts: 1
    Options
    When I exercise I don't eat back those I have lost but I do try to not have any calories left over at the end of any day.

Like the reply below says, they have already but in the calories deficit for you to lose the weight you wanted. if you go under your calories to much it will negatively affect your weight loss as it will slow down your metabolic rate which will in turn stop your body from burning the calories!
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    On days I exercise I don't want to add those
    Calories burned is that ok? And on days I don't
    Exercise I have 100-400 calories leftover at the
    End if the day is it ok to not eat those too??

I personally wouldn't worry about 100 - 200 calories, that is probably the margin of error on the amount of calories burned (an inexact science). Anything more (if you subscribe to the IPOAR methodology) would not be advised.

There are others on here who set their calorie deficit way higher than this and still achieve goals. In the end, its how you feel about it that matters.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I go by my body's cues, but within reason because I don't want to go into starvation mode. As others have said, 100 or 200 calories shouldn't affect you. I have days when it's even more and I'm just not hungry at the end of the day, but that's pretty rare. Keep yourself fueled up because that's a big part of the healthy weight loss process and pay attention to what your body tells you.
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It would also depend on how many calories youare set on, if 1200 then 400 left is not good feel free to add me as friend:happy:
  • Angie2822
    Angie2822 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I try to finish all of my daily calories within 100- 300 calories.
    I personally don't eat back all of my exercise calories, but I eat back atleast half of them with a high protein food or drink.
    I want to make sure that I am fueling my body when it is working hard. I use protein as I find it helps me to recover quicker from my workouts.