Houmous

Options
2»

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i like hummus on top of multi grain crackers, and then TOPPED WITH MANGO SALSA!!!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    the think the better question is, what isn't good with hummus?
  • PudgesGirl
    PudgesGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed into quinoa or brown rice.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQyLIXsez4x5d1whxwc5dCJpFPGf1zhMw4dCgQ1wEMilz1Fe8A
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmtnw313XJPzZAS6Tl4IwlZU31jS65JkWAlsGmFJplBOyooLg7Fw
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Pretzels, pita bread, pita chips...mmmmmmm
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    sesame seed ryvita ooor multi-grain ryvita, sliced tomato and some raw spinach if you fancy it :D
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    the original Turkish word is humus, so in the spelling stakes hummus is the closest to being correct

but the pronunciation by Turkish folk is like the English spelling, houmous, which makes that spelling fine

there is a third spelling used, hummous, but that loses to the other two on both counts

any of the 3 with some pita and a glass of Retzina is good with me :tongue:
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    the original Turkish word is humus, so in the spelling stakes hummus is the closest to being correct

but the pronunciation by Turkish folk is like the English spelling, houmous, which makes that spelling fine

there is a third spelling used, hummous, but that loses to the other two on both counts

I got a free history lesson today... as well as an English lesson. Now can I say an English-American and English lesson or would it be English and British language lesson??? Or is it a Turkish and English lesson... Okay I am now confused :huh: :laugh:
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options

I got a free history lesson today... as well as an English lesson. Now can I say an English-American and English lesson or would it be English and British language lesson??? Or is it a Turkish and English lesson... Okay I am now confused :huh: :laugh:

I had a lovely neighbour who sadly died quite young from lung cancer; a New York gal, originally from Far Rockaway, long Island, she worked for a publishing house, employed to translate English books into American! :-)
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husband uses corn chips, I use cucumber slices, my friends use pitas, and my mother uses any vegetable at all.