H2O

Options
how much water does everyone drink a day and can u tell a difference in your body weight when u drink more or less

Replies

• Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I drink between 8-10 glasses of water per day. I hate drinking water...but I do it. I noticed my skin is fantastic and clear, my eating isn't as erratic because I am actually properly hydrated. Of course if you drink a bottle of water and immediately weigh yourself, your weight will fluctuate...you just added "x" amount of ounces into your stomach. But it will be released soon anyway :)
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I drink over 8 glasses a day and i can really tell a difference. I notice my skin is getting better and my weight is also on point. I used to not drink water at all almost. I Love it now!!! :)
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Since being on MFP I've been more conscious of how much water I drink. I don't think that drinking water inherently makes me lose weight faster, but I do think that it helps me eat less. I have to train my body to distinguish hunger from thirst. Now, whenever I think I'm hungry, I'll fill up my water bottle first. Most of the time after I drink a little, I realize that I'm not actually hungry at all. If I still am hungry, then I'll have a snack. This has helped me a lot because I don't just mindlessly eat all day.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-10 glasses a day. It isn't necessarily because of weight loss reasons. I do not drink soda or milk or anything on a regular basis. I usually only have 1 glass of soda every few weeks, and milk just maybe 1-2 per week with dinner. So water is my main source of hydration. When I haven't gotten enough for the day, my body feels tired and slow. When I am well hydrated, I just feel better, more energized I guess you could say. That is my main reason for logging how much I drink. But I am sure that cutting out the soda and sugary drinks has helped with weight loss, but that is not my main reason for water.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces ie: if you weight 200lbs you drink 100oz of water
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    i try to drink a gallon and some days i do but if i don't get that i am at least 12 glasses and i can tell a difference in my skin and i don't feel bloated like i use to.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-6 litres a day, sometimes more. I don't even notice i do it anymore. I fill my 750ml bottle at work 4-5 times a day and have at least 2 1 litre bottles of sparkling water at home. Plus tea, coffee and a Coke Zero every couple of days.
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I try to have 10-12 cups a day. I refill my liter bottle several times a day to help me keep track. I know that each liter is about 4 cups.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-12 cups of water a day. I personally haven't noticed any difference I just know it is essential for my body.