Biggest progression.. Whats yours?

Options
I have been using MFP for a year now and have recently been thinking about how much i've changed physically and mentally through healthy eating & exercising. There are so many things ive achieved which aren't just about the number of pounds i've lost.

My biggest achievement is my fitness. When I first started, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds without feeling like im going to pass out or (more embarrassingly) I would sometimes be out of breath running up my stairs at home! A year on and I can complete a hard HIIT circuit for 40 minutes and run for 10 minutes without having to stop - and for me, thats a big change.

So what's your best achievement?

Replies

• Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Since using MFP its really taught me about the power in numbers (in calories). I really needed to educate myself and learn about the best way to utilize my calories for the day and to be aware just how much they add up. MFP has really taught me to be accountable.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Mine is also my fitness, I completed a triathlon last August. If you would have told me I would have done that three years ago, I would have laughed. Someone took a picture of me and a friend a few minutes after we finished and I don't know that I have ever looked happier.

I started all this to lose weight and to look better, now I love to work out and I feel like something is missing when I don't.
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've learned so much about food and nutrition. Before MFP I only paid attention to calories, but now I know why carbs, protein, and fats and other nutrients are important. It's completely changed the way I choose food, and it's made it much easier to see food as fuel instead of as a recreational activity.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Running 5km in 24 minutes and bench pressing my own body weight are my biggest achievements. Both have taken months to achieve
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Fitness as well. Back in early November, just before I found out I was pregnant, the 1.4 (round trip) mile walk to the co-op and back winded me and tired me out. Now, at almost 8 months pregnant (and working out consistently since January) that walk is nothing, and I am lifting heavier weights than before I got pregnant. I'm so excited to see what I can accomplish after having the baby! :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I can lift heavier than I ever have in my life and that includes my 20s when I looked my best.
    I like working out and I look forward to it. This is a major shift in attitude. When I don't work out, I don't feel right. It's become such a part of my weekly routine.
    I've learned more about water weight gain, TDEE, BMR and other things.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Improving mentally and physically! NOT there yet, but definitely on my way to my physical goal, but also my mental goal.

I have learnt so much about my body and about fitness and health in general. I now know that I can actually EAAATT and get that dream body. I've learnt so much about lifting.. metabolism.. ect
    I love watching my body transform..And seeing that I can lift more and more as I go on is a huge progression, and watching my body get tighter! Ahhh
    Progression is addictive!
    All the ups and downs, its all worth it in the end!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's a balance. I've achieve my farthest distance in run last May which was 18 miles (saying when I started MFP in January I was only running 3-4 miles), and since I started I have altered my eating habits dramatically (I've cut the crap food considerable.).