Help me cook a low cal dinner

NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
So I have 249 calories left. I need something different for dinner. I need to spice it up. Here are the things that I have at home: have any ideas?

Eggs
Chicken breast
all bell peppers
bean sprots
avacado
onion
tomatoes
garlic
olive oil
peanut oil
vinegars
broc
turkey lunch meat
salsa
noodles
almonds slices
walnuts
sunflower seeds
(had enough fruits today)

Replies

• ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    How about a salad with pieces of chicken in it. All you need is lettuce
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    I would say cook your chicken breast then sautee with oinions, peppers and spices then serve over your noodles. Just an idea.....
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    You have my favorite meal just in what you posted....

Grill chicken then saute peppers and onions.. add chicken and then add salsa..MIX together and you got chicken fajitas... YUMMY.. MY FAV :)
  • SaintElvis
    SaintElvis Posts: 1 Member
    *boil the broccoli for about 5 minutes
    *remove the broccoli, leaving the water in the pot, boil again and cook noodles in the broccoli liquid until they are almost done
    *heat some olive oil in a pan, add 3-4 (or more) cloves of garlic, thinly sliced, and add a pinch of red pepper flakes
    *resevere 3/4 to 1 cup of the broccoli/noodle liquid, drain the noodles, and rinse
    *when the garlic is lightly browned add the broccoli and cook until very tender, add some salt, and then toss in the noodles
    *finish cooking until the noodles are done and sprinkle with parmesan

excellent, easy, and my kids love it
  • NikkiDerrig386
    I had chicken and salad for lunch. The fajitas sounds like a great idea!! Should I mix the salsa while it cooks or after?
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    I would say you could add the salsa before or after.......and that does sound good now that I am thinking about it. I know whats for dinner tomorrow night!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Wow broc flavored pasta!! Um yum!!!!!
  • I would totally do a big veggie omlet!!! Use one whole egg then a couple egg whites with the peppers, onions, tomatoes, broc and then top it off with salsa...that is like one of my favorites!!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Mine too! I have been doing that for about a week or two... So I wanted to try something else :)
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    I had chicken and salad for lunch. The fajitas sounds like a great idea!! Should I mix the salsa while it cooks or after?

I cook it after i cook the peppers.... just to heat it up :)
  • shoot you could have made chicken cacciatore lol

sauteed onion and garlic in oil, with peppers, also cook chicken in oilive oil with S & P and then put over peppers and onions and add crushed tomatoes, maybe some white cooking wine ;) and serve over noodles I LOVE chicken cacciatore :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    Yum Saving this for later thanks :)
    *remove the broccoli, leaving the water in the pot, boil again and cook noodles in the broccoli liquid until they are almost done
    *heat some olive oil in a pan, add 3-4 (or more) cloves of garlic, thinly sliced, and add a pinch of red pepper flakes
    *resevere 3/4 to 1 cup of the broccoli/noodle liquid, drain the noodles, and rinse
    *when the garlic is lightly browned add the broccoli and cook until very tender, add some salt, and then toss in the noodles

• Yum Saving this for later thanks :)

I make something similar, just add chicken and my kids LOVEEEEEEE IT!!! YUMMO
This discussion has been closed.