Dinner Help - pork chops

Options
KAskinny
KAskinny Posts: 50
I need some suggestions. I have some pork chops thawed ready to cook. I also have a 1/2 bag of baby spinach about to go bad, any ideas on a recipe involving these 2 items?

Thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    We love just putting Mrs. Dash on boneless pork chops and grilling on the George Foreman. I'm not sure about the spinach... is it still good enough to throw in with some romaine lettuce for a salad? If not, I'd saute it and throw it in with some eggs for breakfast in the morning!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I need some suggestions. I have some pork chops thawed ready to cook. I also have a 1/2 bag of baby spinach about to go bad, any ideas on a recipe involving these 2 items?

Thanks! :bigsmile:

Can you dig up a can of black beans and some mexican salsa?

Pan fry chops (pinkish) smother with black beans and salsa (and a little corn if you got it) heat to complete serve over rice with some steamed spinach on the side.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Stuffed Pork Chops

Ingredients
    4 (6 ounce) thick cut pork chops
    8 slices smoked Gouda cheese
    1/2 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
    3 tablespoons horseradish mustard
    1 cup panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
    Creole-style seasoning to taste
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
    Lay each chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, leaving three sides intact. Stuff each chop with spinach, and then with cheese.
    Place panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each chop with a thin layer of horseradish, and then roll in crumbs. Arrange chops in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning to taste.
    Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
  • kbretzke
    kbretzke Posts: 1
    Options
    I made some pork chops for my family the other night using Jamie Oliver's 20 minute meals app... they were sooo delicious and easy. Just grilled them in a grill pan on the stove top with s/p. Served them with broccoli (steamed spinach would be good, too) and in another pan softened up some sliced garlic and some red pepper flakes in olive oil and then added 2 cans of drained white beans... mixed it all up (you could even add the spinach to the beans.) I could have eaten the whole pan of beans for dinner and left the pork for my hubby. Good luck!