Gained 3Kg while trying to loose fat

I have been doing MFP for a while now. all though I don't log every day I still have an accurate idea about what I put in my body. But lately I have really stepped up my game when it comes to exercise and have adopted a cutting routine and High intensity Interval Training (HIIT). I have been doing this new routine for the last 3 weeks and have gained 3Kg. Would anyone be able to tell me where I seem to be going wrong?
Current stats are:

Height: 170cm / 5 foot 7
Weight: 97.5Kg / 15 stone 4
BF%: 32% (last time checked was 4 weeks ago)

My current routine consists of:
60 mins weight lifting (high intensity, short rest between sets and supersetting)
30 mins HIIT or 45 mins steady state cardio

I do the above routine 4 days a week and get on average 7 hours 30 minutes sleep a night. even though I have gained 3Kg I have gained strength on all current lifts.
My diary is open, so feel free to criticise, I'm a big lad so I can take any comments/criticisms.

Have I been doing this all wrong?
Have I been eating the wrong foods?
Training too hard?
The wrong sort of training?
Is my diet wrong?
Any other advice/criticisms you wish to offer me that would be helpful?

Replies

• xGRAFIK
    xGRAFIK Posts: 12 Member
    anyone?
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    the only way you can gain weight is by eating at a surplus. you're either underestimating your intake or overestimating your burn (or both). start logging everything, every day, and keep exercising.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    the only way you can gain weight is by eating at a surplus. you're either underestimating your intake or overestimating your burn (or both). start logging everything, every day, and keep exercising.

That's the only way you can gain fat. You can gain weight because of water weight thanks to the increased exercise routine or excess sodium, hormones, stress, etc.