Beach food?

Options
robbienjill
robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
Going to the beach on Sunday. Any idea's on what I can pack to take with me to eat? I do not eat meat sooooo....Suggestions are appreciated. I have general ideas, but I would rather be a little more creative. Thanks!- Jill

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Maybe I don't bring "traditional" beach foods to the beach, but here are some foods I might bring (sans the meat :smile: )
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    Vegetables cut into sticks or bite-size pieces
    Dip (make sure it has a lid to avoid sand... you can bring a spoon and some paper/plastic plates so the container doesn't have it's lid off for long)
    Fruit like grapes, plums, peaches, strawberries, etc.
    Some sort of healthier chip like rice cakes, baked chips, whatever you like
    If you're planning to grill you could bring boca burgers or whatever vegi-equivalent you prefer
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    When I go out on the beach - I'm generally in the mood to snack and feel light to walk around, jump around and basically just relax. Here are some of things I'd take with me if I was off to a beach. (Hummus or fresh Salsa will need an ice box)

1) I'd recommend taking Triscuits w/ salsa or hummus for snack. Triscuits are healthy and come in different flavors - very yummy - (healthier than chips and low cal). Try it.

2) I also take carrots with grapes as a snack food. The two go along very well as a snack.

3) Beach reminds me of green coconuts. I'd find an asian store that serves coconut water in cans - take them as your drink of the day OR Make your own lemonade or iced tea at home for a thirst-quenching refresher. Freeze bottles of water or juice boxes and enjoy them ice-cold once they thaw mid-day OR make some freshly squeezed orange juice or apple juice that same way. Whatever fruit you prefer.

4) Pita pockets with falafal or home made sandwiches with veg patties is yum too! Add fresh romaine lettuce, tomatoes and whatever you like to go with it. If you plan to grill - pitas and veg. sandwiches can be grilled up as well or eaten cold.

Hope this helps!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to eat at the beach is fresh fruit! I always crave it when Im there. The PP's ideas are also great!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! Those are all great ideas!