MFP Vs. Weight Watchers

Options
124»

Replies

• TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I just realized that in the WW world I would be considered a failure. Month 2 of Insanity and I have only lost about 4 pounds since beginning of March. But I've lost a lot of inches and almost 2 pant sizes.. hmmmmm Something to consider. How do they measure success? The number on the scale or your body fat% and how fit you are?

That thought just hit me like a ton of bricks. That alone would never have me go back to them because if success is measured strictly by the number on the scale, many of us would be failures.

Yes MFP is so much better. IMO

^^^^ THIS!

I disagree that you would be a failure, because you are losing and meeting your goals. You can track your measurements and more than likely you dropped even a small amount which is something they will point out. WW generally is .5 to 2lbs a week. Body fat would not be calculated, because WW is a weight loss program not a fat loss program. To be honest, MFP isn't exactly a fat loss program either. I have never saw anyone with a banner at the bottom of their posts down 2% body fat this week.

I have done Insanity 3 times and never lost anything substantial. It was great for endurance, but in my case not weight loss. Your fitness goals are your fitness goals and once you set them, you make an effort to achieve them. My WW Leader is training for a triathlon and she's in her fifties, talk about motivation. Yes there may be some "skinny fat" leaders and members out there, but WW, much like MFP is what you make of it and what you want to get out of it.