Howdy from Michigan :)

Options

Replies

• maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    And I'm from Plymouth, half way between Detroit and Ann Arbor! Welcome!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome and good luck with your goals!! From Metro Detroit area as well!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the breakup but welcome back to West Michigan! We're here to help.

I'm also from Rockford (Suburban Grand Rapids) and Formerly from Suburban Detroit. (Livonia, Allen Park)

So happy Spring has Finally arrived in MI. We've all needed it
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sending u request im in owosso mi
  • nuttingh
    nuttingh Posts: 65
    Options
    How awesome to see so many from the area! I used to live outside Detroit too. Like Livonia and Northville-way. Once I got used to people trying to run me over every day, I was ok. LOL! I def love the west side and am grateful to be back!

Good luck to everyone and hope you all are having a great day! :)
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    How awesome to see so many from the area! I used to live outside Detroit too. Like Livonia and Northville-way. Once I got used to people trying to run me over every day, I was ok. LOL! I def love the west side and am grateful to be back!

Good luck to everyone and hope you all are having a great day! :)

LOL, Did you have Ohio plates? Those are the ones we "aim" for here in the D!
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Michigan here too! A tiny town called Central Lake...between Traverse City and Petoskey :)
  • nuttingh
    Options
    No, but the people from IL are the ones who regularly try to hit me. No offense to IL people but they are crazy! And so are MI drivers since I've come back. I think my fellow PA drivers were much kinder and I got used to it. I drove back into MI with all my stuff and couldn't believe the driving. Ugh! LOL
  • nuttingh
    Options
    Howdy! I've heard of it but never been. I want to try to get myself up to TC sometime. Grew up in MI and never been. Perhaps because I don't like cherries. ;)
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Middle of the Mitten here....just a tad north of Lansing! Welcome! Looking for friends, motivators, tips, ideas, support....I need it all lol! Please add me.
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Heather,

I cannot believe you have never been to TC. You must go. Beautiful scenery and WINE, so much WINE. I also had no idea you moved back to MI. Sorry to hear about your breakup. Glad you are on MFP - the support is amazing!!!

---Amanda
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello from the east coast of Michigan (Bluewater/Port Huron area)! Feel free to add me!
    Speaking of Traverse City, it is a fun town and I'm heading up there in a few weeks for the Bayshore Marathon! Woo hoo!
  • Katrina_H
    Katrina_H Posts: 6
    Options
    HI Everyone! I from the Lansing area. Though I'm not new to MFP I am back from a long break. I just got so discouraged after losing 17lbs last year and then gaining it all back over the summer and fall. sigh. My thyroid went back out of whack and it took 4 mos to stablize it again, and by then I had gained back quite a bit so it didn't take much for the rest to follow. This time around I'm prepared and know what to look for, so hopefully, it will stick! Keep up the good work everyone! ~Katrina
  • Katrina_H
    Katrina_H Posts: 6
    Options
    Mellyliestorun: Good Luck to you!! It will be here before you know it. I hope you'll post how it goes when it's all over. :)

I so want to walk (maybe run) in the bayshore half. Maybe next year!
  • nuttingh
    Options
    I wouldn't mind entering a marathon but I have no experience (or am ready) in running. I'd have to walk. It's intimidating and would like to complete one at least once in the future. Good luck to those training and getting ready to walk/run! :)
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Fellow Michigander! Im from South East, MI (Port Huron). I love to meet people and keep motivated and accountable with others. Feel free to ADD me if you'd like. I am also on FB too...so if you are as well and want to connect there I have some fit groups there. :D
    Be fabulously fit and stay focused ya'll! Health is more then just a physical appearance.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Carol and from Bad Axe. Welcome to mfp!

To those who mentioned Bayshore, I ran the 10K years (and many pounds) ago - I think it was 2006. It's such a beautiful couse! My goal is to do another 10K this year, hopefully I'll be ready by fall.
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm from the tip of the mit (Onaway) near Indian River. Living in Guam right now, but going home to visit in July! So excited :)
  • sarahbeth1629
    sarahbeth1629 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi from a former Michigander (Petoskey). I live in the UK now, but the mit will always have my heart :)
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently in Caledonia! (Near Grand Rapids). Does anyone live near GR that wants to start jogging once or twice a week? My last jogging buddy moved, which was sad because knowing you have someone to meet to jog with gave me that push to actually go out and do it! :)

Traverse City is probably my favorite city in Michigan btw, you should totally go there! Doesn't matter that you don't like cherries! There's wine, cheese and chocolate!