Who Knew?

Options
Hello,

Time to start a new chapter in my life. I have always been very active. Competed in sports at the national and international level and always thought I was in pretty good shape except for putting on a few pounds since turning 40. This all changed earlier this year when I was hospitalized with chest pains. It turned out I had a 95% blockage in my left coronary artery. It is known in the cardiac world as the "widow maker" as most people usally die from it before discovering it. Luckily mine was discovered and I live to fight another day.

When I was in the hospital they discovered that my body does not produce HDL (the good stuff) in any substantial amount. This has caused my bad cholesterol to get way out of whack. I have had to change my diet big time as I was a card carrying carnivore in the first order. It is a challenge but I am trying to walk the straight and narrow.

I look forward to reading other people's stories and finding out what has worked for other people.

Byron

Replies

• calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Wow! That's tough! We are all here to support with whatever you need!
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    Glad to see that you're here with us. This forum has some really great people. Welcome!
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am glad that you are able to be here!! This is a great site with all of the support you could ever need. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to let me know!!
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome aboard! It is a tough battle but nothing is impossible.
  • reneegez
    reneegez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck!
  • Sassylady
    Sassylady Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing this for 20 days and once you are past the first leap, which is getting started...the rest gets easier as you go.