Nothing seems to be happening

Options
Hi. I started calorie counting last august and managed to lose a stone within a few months. I am now 143lbs and 5"5. I know it isnt major but id like to be around 135 but i have been at 143lbs for months. I started my fitness pal about 5 days ago and i am set to lose 2lb per week. Each day ive eaten at least 100 calories less than my target and done some light exercise but nothing has changed. Im still at 143 lbs. I dont know what im doing wrong. Im abit obsessed with putting something into my food diary the moment i have it or sometimes before iv finished it so i know im not secret eating. Any ideas?

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a newby and I found this links for newcomers EXTREMELY HELPFUL!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Good Luck! :happy:
  • cc141
    cc141 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would set your goal to lose 1 lb per week. That's what I did and we have pretty much the same starting stats. I am 5'5 and started at 140. I think they started me at 1340 calories - I lost weight the very first week and I was eating all those calories. And then when you exercise you want to eat back some of those calories to net around 1340.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Are you logging somewhere else because you aren't logging consistently on here. I would also suggest that you aren't eating enough. You aren't coming near the 1200 calories on the days you do log. I am also guessing 1200 is too low for you. I am the same height and 1200 is too low for me. Also, 2 lbs a week is too high of a goal.

ETA - I saw where eyou said calorie counting since August but missed the part about just being on MFP for 5 days, sorry.

Give it more time but I strongly suggest re-evaluating your goals and focusing on eating closer to them.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's only been 5 days. That's not really enough time. Give it more like 4 to 6 weeks. Also keep in mind, if you eat a lot of sodium you can retain water for several days. If you weren't working out before, your muscles could be holding onto water to repair. Overall though, this takes patience. Also, since you're so close to your goal, you probably won't lose at an average rate of 2lbs a week. It will probably be more like .5 to 1lb a week.
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just from looking at your food diary, you aren't eating enough.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more...at least up to your targeted calories for each day including exercise calories. I would also suggest mixing up your exercise with a variety of cardio and strength. You do not have much to go and are in a healthy weight range so "light" exercise won't likely get you the results you are looking for.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You're down to the last 10 lbs. Time to eat more. Set MFP to lose half a pound a week. Eat back half of your exercise calories. Log accurately with a food scale-- no estimating. Be patient.
  • egtram01
    egtram01 Posts: 7
    Options
    I haven't looked at your profile, but what I do know is that when it comes to the last 10 pounds, exercise is key. You don't have to do a whole lot, but your body just needs a little extra push to shed those last 10.