What are some of your favorite outdoor exercises?

Options
Now that spring is FINALLY starting to show up (it's in the low 80's here finally), what are some of your favorite outdoor exercises?

Personally, I enjoy riding my bike and brisk walking.

In the winter I still walk a good 1-2 miles (sometimes more) a day but I put the bike away from about October - March/April, so I'm excited to start riding my bike this weekend...it really helps the pounds come off.

So, what about you?

Replies

• helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Running and hiking are definitely my favorite!
  • emilygray7165
    emilygray7165 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Walking, running and biking! :D
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking and thinking about getting a kayak this summer! :happy:
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Swimming! Walking in the park, rollerblading
  • NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    walking, hiking and biking
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Walking, running and biking! :D

Snap! I am going to add some hiking now its spring:happy:
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely outside walking/running more when it's warmer out, compared to treadmill in the colder/snowy months.

LOVE getting the Kayak out though (great arm workout!)... and I'm finally gonna break into some hiking, starting this weekend! Going geocaching for the first time, too! :)
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    GEOCACHING!!! by bike - hiking- urban walking -trails--- you name it. We have discovered the coolest hikes, vistas & views while caching.

The plan is to take up kayaking this late spring/summer - our complex has a pool(solar heated so its still pretty chilly - ! love the water - swim laps - water aerobics -
  • bone_arista
    Options
    I'm a volleyball and basketball girl!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Walking, jogging, biking, hiking, pool, kayaking.
  • lisamyershb
    lisamyershb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I personally enjoy walking at the park and beach. Weather is great in Calif. Today, I'm heading to Mile Square Park in FV for a 4 mi walk. This summer I'd like to go body surfing. :)
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for trying new things but... I love to hike, urban walking, I'm trying to get more into running, but I have knee problems, gardening (trust me.. this can be a workout)....
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    Running, cycling, boating, and hiking...looking forward to it more than ever this year.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    rollerblading, canoing, hiking, shooting hoops, softball games, swimming, ANYTHIN outside when the sun is shining!!!
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking and thinking about getting a kayak this summer! :happy:
    Kayaking is one of my super motivating, bucket list goal things to do.
    I still have to lose a lot of weight before I attempt such a feat but it will happen.
    Kayaking, canoeing and rock climbing are in my future, but for now....walking, hiking and swimming
    are my only outdoor actiivities. I may start playing tennis and/or basketball soon, though.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    walking is my favorite and chasing my daughter while she's on her scooter or bike :) I can't wait till she's old enough to hike with me~!
  • MrsSpindler
    Options
    Walking and swimming.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    GEOCACHING!!! by bike - hiking- urban walking -trails--- you name it. We have discovered the coolest hikes, vistas & views while caching.

The plan is to take up kayaking this late spring/summer - our complex has a pool(solar heated so its still pretty chilly - ! love the water - swim laps - water aerobics -

I so want to try Geocaching!!! I thought my daughter would be gung hoe about it but the response was nothing like I expected. :frown:
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hiking!! Cannot wait for all the snow to be melted in the mountain so that thy open the trails!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    i like going for long walks around town. i would love to jump rope too but sadly i cannot... i live in apartments. and if i did that where i live in the parking lot or something, people would think i was crazy lol

otherwise me and my husband do enjoy going to the local park and playing tennis. thats really good exercize especially since we are not very good yet. so we are constantly running after the ball. lol