Help me choose a car

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    My husband took me to the car lot and bought me a 2013 Toyota Camry SE. Such a nice ride I can't even tell you. And I will be VERY surprised if it fails us! (again, I'm pretty sure you are kidding here, but I thought Hyundai's had come a long way too. They haven't).

Maybe Hyundai's have come along way... in the last 9 years. My Corolla blew the head gasket at 184K and 18 years. My friend has a 2000 Corolla with 330K, so on average I guess Toyota is the better bet. But then again my parents' Camry threw a rod at 105K, so I guess nothing is guaranteed in this life.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    JEEP WRANGLER. Done.
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Volvo!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I like the mini. It's cute.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Volvo sedan: Grandpa's here!
    Audi Quattro: Middle-aged business man, still has a little "cool" left in him.
    Mini Cooper: Insufferably pompous prick.

I'd go with the Audi, personally. :)

I've got a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
    Quick, tell me all about me!
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Another good awd drive option would be a Taurus SHO. A bit pricey but probably still cheaper than the audi, and definately more reliable.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    I'm sad there's no choice for a mini van :/ Those are hot vehicles!!! Talk about getting looks in those.
    Minivan? For a guy in So Cal without kids? You're Mad!!!!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    I like the mini. It's cute.

Minis have the highest customer satisfaction despite being unreliable. If you're gonna have a European car you had better love it.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    None of the above. Get a Jeep.
  • iAMsmiling
    This would be my next car were it just for me and not family.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaZ5CoOTdCNA8giOaxuHkh0EC6hUXvZ3Ts8NCmBle027IRFsYb1g
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Oh come on...you know how many people you could fit in it?! Well worth it ;)
    I'm sad there's no choice for a mini van :/ Those are hot vehicles!!! Talk about getting looks in those.
    Minivan? For a guy in So Cal without kids? You're Mad!!!!!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    I had an Audi TT that gave me nothing but trouble (electrical, transmission, you name it). I have had several Nissan and now have an Infinity (G37 )that I am totally in love with. Never had one bit of trouble with any Nissan I ever owned. Sorry I can't help with your other two choices.
  • NotRailMeat
    I have considered this too. Problem with it is that I want a leather interior. Which means I'm looking at a BRZ Limited and in So Cal these are hard to come by so the dealers that have them are still charging a premium. And I absolutely refuse to pay sticker price, much less above that.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member

BRZ or FR-S? They definitely have the looks, but not so much the performance. I'm saving up for this:

Porsche-Cayman-S-01-300x225.jpg

Yeah, I know. As they say on Top Gear - people only buy Caymans because they can't afford the 911. Its true.

As for your 1996 Mitsubishi...firing up the judgment machine: Guy that got married and had kids so he can't buy a new sports car, but his wife lets him keep his old one because it's paid off. LOL
  • iAMsmiling

BRZ or FR-S? They definitely have the looks, but not so much the performance. I'm saving up for this:

Yeah, I know. As they say on Top Gear - people only buy Caymans because they can't afford the 911. Its true.

As for your 1996 Mitsubishi...firing up the judgment machine: Guy that got married and had kids so he can't buy a new sports car, but his wife lets him keep his old one because it's paid off. LOL

My performance requirements are lower than yours. 200 hp for a 2500 lb car is plenty for me. Supposed to be a great driving car.

The Mitsubishi was my mother-in-law's car. She died a few years back and I bought it from the estate. It only had 40,000 miles on it (80,000 now).
    But, you are right in some ways. I just spent my $60k sports car money on an RV, so yea, it's a family thing.
  • NotRailMeat
    I hear ya! The dealership down the road has a nice 911 Carrera 4S at a VERY reasonable price. I'm just shy about it being a 2002.

0.jpg

BTW... A woman who can quote Top Gear... :love: :love: :love:
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Go for the Audi, you will not be disappointed!

I'm a Audi person now for a very long time... I've been a glutton for punishment since 1985....

'85 5000
    '89 200
    '98 A6
    '04 RS6
    '09 A4 Cabriolet

Waiting for a '14 S8 :)
  • NotRailMeat
    Based on overwhelming recommendations, I think I'll try for the Audi first and then, if that doesn't work, my second choice will be the Volvo.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    get this one:

UGUbv5f.jpg
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Peugout RCZ 250bhp looks great, better than an Audi