Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

6'3' Started at 477 lbs(216.7 kg) 4 months in.

2»

Replies

• amandaburk17
    amandaburk17 Posts: 6 Member
    Wow, that is awesome! Great job and keep it up! It's hard to stay motivated...I started out in June of 2011 at 225 pounds and then I found out that I have a gluten intolerance. All I ate was bread, and I had a hard time with staying away from it. I decided that June to change my life over. I stopped eating bread, and although there are tons of gluten substitutes, I decided to stay away from them because of the high sugar, carbs, and calorie content. I also decided to start working out more and I dropped down to 180 pounds. I stopped working out because school became too stressful (last fall) and for some crazy reason I started smoking...not a good choice at all. I am still in the process of quitting and I have started to work out more, and thank god I didn't gain anymore weight. My goal is to get down to 150 pounds. It is hard though! Keep up the great work!!!
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Congrats and keep it up. I started around the same stats as you. I am 6'3" and at a physical in August I weighed in at 489. For me it registered as 11 lbs form 1/4 of a ton not close to 500 and for some reason 1/4 of a ton sounds like so much more then 500 lbs.

There is always something that triggers it for each person. Could be a person, a photo, an event where you finally decide enough is enough. As you have already started to experience though is what starts as a weight loss journey becomes a Life journey. You will discover so much about yourself and what you are actually capable of, and it is so much more than you would ever have imagined. Remember there are going to be hard times througout this trip and just rely on all the knowledge you are learning and friends you are making to guide you through them.

I would also advise to listen to your body, it will tell you when you are pushing to hard. There is a difference between being sore and being injured and knowing when to push through and when to take that extra day of rest will help you avoid the latter.

I too have become addicted to the gym. I currently lift (stronglifts program) MWF, do a Lose Big program at my gym working with a trainer for an hour on S,TH and then walk/jog a 5k on the track on Tues, rest on Sat and the weeks that the scale seems to not want to cooperate I look at the inches that I have lost or the strength I have gained. I keep a spreadsheet that I use to track my progress showing my weight/measurements every Sun and what my current stats on each lift for that week that really motivates me to keep getting up every morning at 5:15 to get to the gym.

Keep up the great work and remember Eat Less Move More gets it done.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Wow, Randy!! Over 100 pounds gone in four months!! That is just OUTSTANDING!!

Just wanted to say keep up the GREAT WORK!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!