those cute tanning stickers

Options
when i drop lbs, it makes me wanna go tanning! lol cuz i know that that cute sticker is gunna show on a smaller tummy, even though i only lost a lb or two. lol. kinda weird, but that tanning sticker is a key motivator in my weight loss journey.

:) just thought i'd share. lol

Replies

• allyson223
    allyson223 Posts: 34
    Options
    :smile: hahaha! I LOVE that! congrats on your weight loss! Enjoy
  • Kblack2882
    Kblack2882 Posts: 20
    Options
    I rock the dolphin right above my belly button.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    spray tan, right? of course!

Cause UV=CANCER. :embarassed:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't do tanning. What are the stickers and what are they for?
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't do tanning. What are the stickers and what are they for?

i don't either, but it's this little sticker you put on yourself before you tan, so it leaves a white mark in the shape of the sticker when you take it off.
  • marzenka012192
    Options
    i go once in a while, because yes, i know it causes cancer. but what doesn't nowadays?!
  • Kblack2882
    Kblack2882 Posts: 20
    Options
    I go every day, it's relaxing and I love it after working out. I know it's not the best for me, but like the above said, what doesen't give you cancer?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I go every day, it's relaxing and I love it after working out. I know it's not the best for me, but like the above said, what doesen't give you cancer?

Ditto. I work out and since I'm already sweaty I hit up the tanning booth.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    sunscreen doesn't give you cancer. neither do spray tans. or living long enough to see your grandchildren.

you wouldn't (I hope) be so flip about smoking, why would you knowingly increase your chances of cancer, and premature aging?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Oh but I look so much thinner when I'm tan. :wink: :laugh:
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ugh, nvm.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    skeletons are very thin.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    skeletons are very thin.

And REALLY white so that just won't do.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Pale is the new tan dontcha know. :laugh:
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey, what's the big deal, no young and otherwise healthy person has ever died from using solariums... oh... wait...

http://www.news.com.au/solarium-skin-cancer-victim-dies-from-melanoma/story-e6frfkp9-1111114409318

Well, still, my skin is lovely and brownish, and that is totally worth the risk of an early death. And who cares about the risk of having more wrinkles and leathery skin when I'm older, that's what plastic surgery is for, and nobody ever had a bad experience with that... oh...

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

Hmm... Well, I look awesome. So there.

</sarcasm>
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Hey, what's the big deal, no young and otherwise healthy person has ever died from using solariums... oh... wait...

http://www.news.com.au/solarium-skin-cancer-victim-dies-from-melanoma/story-e6frfkp9-1111114409318

Well, still, my skin is lovely and brownish, and that is totally worth the risk of an early death. And who cares about the risk of having more wrinkles and leathery skin when I'm older, that's what plastic surgery is for, and nobody ever had a bad experience with that... oh...

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

Hmm... Well, I look awesome. So there.

</sarcasm>

he he.

Yeah....Melanoma is no joke. That's why you need to get your skin checked often. Especially when you live in So. Cal like moi.

As far as plastic surgery goes.....I love my boobs and would have no issues with getting more tastefully work done. It's all in finding the right person to do whatever you want done. Research.
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to get CosSurg eventually - when I get to my GW I think I am going to need some tightening up and new boobs unfortunately lol!
    I agree, skin checks are uber important, I just worry that some people don't seem to realise the dangers and pass over them because of the old "it won't happen to me" thing.
    People are way too concerned with looking good these days, to the point of endangering themselves. Some people are even oblivious to the increased risk of skin cancer tanning beds carry, as well as how aggressive skin cancer can be.
    I live on the Gold Coast in Australia so good skin care is basically shoved down our throats here. I don't think I actually know anyone who ever has or would use a solarium, they are just so unneccessarily dangerous.
    I also work in a doctor's office where I see people having skin lesion excisions everyday. Some people don't even have a noticeable spot until it's too late which is just so sad to see. Experience tells me that I'd rather be pale than scarred, or worse yet, terminal.
    Especially if you already live somewhere sunny, surely it would be a better experience on the whole to spend a bit of time out in the fresh air soaking up a tiny bit of sun every now and again, rather than frying yourself in a uv tube?
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I wish people would take this more serious. I too use to go tanning, I too would rather be tan than white. However, after watching my husband almost die from cancer, I have a different opinion on tanning booths. I think people tend to put their head in the sand until it happens to them. Cancer is not a fun way to die.