Why is this happening?!

Options
So, I've lost a total of 34 lbs...
At about 198 I took a picture of my stomach from the side (not sucking in) ...
I took a pic today of the same thing.. I did a side by side comparison and my stomach sticks out more and hangs lower!
What the hell is going on here?!

Replies

• Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    *Today I am at 188.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Loose skin, maybe. It takes time for everything to settle down, but it'll happen.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lost fat from around the pouch, making it more pronounced... it happens to me... eventually the weight comes off the center part, but sides first

Use a tape measure.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss.
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Also you could just be bloated when you took the pic, try again in a couple days and be sure to take measurements to compare to you 198 size! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    What exercises are you doing in conjunction with dietary changes?
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lost fat from around the pouch, making it more pronounced... it happens to me... eventually the weight comes off the center part, but sides first

Use a tape measure.

^^^^This! Plus a little tiny difference in an angle of the camera can make a big difference in the picture. Just keep it up, don't let that
    bother you.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've also found that after loosing some weight my fat is... squishier? It used to be like, firm fat. Hard to describe. I didn't jiggle, and now I'm a big jigglier.

I have heard that fat can come off kind of weird, and there are pockets that stay and stay, but it tends to settle down and even out eventually. Hang in there.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I lose more fat from the sides for sure. I can see more definition along my obliques but the middle is squishy and droopy :( I guess we just have to wait for it to catch up.