30 day shred: attempt 100

Options
So title says it all... I have attempted the 30ds many many times and have never gotten past day 1.. ( yeah I know, I suck!). I have been doing zumba and love it but wanted to do something that is gonna help my muscle growth and tone.. so here I am about to start 30ds for the 100th time... cross your fingers.. its lucky 100

Replies

• SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I usually get bored around day 12 and quit lol... This will be my 3rd attempt =).
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Come on ladies! You can do it!!! Add me if you want! Just finished 30DS and am now doing Ripped in 30!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to say maybe you should just give up... but really you should just give up on 30 day shred and try something else.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just started 30ds again, this time I'm definitely finishing it!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You will just have to remember why you want it each time you do it to stay committed :)
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1. I'm not loving it but I'm not going to quit.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Ive started and stopped it a few times also. It's a tough work out! I don't believe you are supposed to do it EVERY DAY though. I believe even Jillian said to take rest days. I don't know how many but I guess you have to listen to your body. Good luck!
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 2 today - keep going! It's tough, but it gets easier - until it's tough again. I've seen great results to far.

I started a group when I first began, and it's full of awesome people who keep eachother accountable: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13416-30-day-shred-we-can-do-it
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) I have the same story you do....I've owned the 30 DS dvd for over 4 years now and always got to day 3, but quit....but this April, I decided to just do it...and now I'm going to start Day 8 today! It gets easier, it really does :) Although, I'm dreading level 2, but know Jillian's going to take care of me. :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    if it takes that many tries...perhaps you just don't LIKE that kind of exercise and should try something else?

i only do what I love...hence I stick to it.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I watched day 1 of level 2 today, does that count?? LOL. (I didn't even watch the whole thing)
  • hollym1009
    hollym1009 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Im on day 3 and already notice a difference in my arms and abs (they feel better) I do dancing, walking, running, biking but I needed something for muscle. I have never completed all 30 days so its a challenge for me too. If I can do this so can you!!!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    if it takes that many tries...perhaps you just don't LIKE that kind of exercise and should try something else?

i only do what I love...hence I stick to it.

:huh: :huh:

Not sure if serious...
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I've done RI30 and 30DS. My hardest part was JM's personality. Just annoying... not too motivating for me. Anyway, I believe you can do it
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    2 things:

1. You can do it! You can do it!!! It is mind over matter, and you have the physical ability within yourself.

2. If you don't WANT to do it, that's okay too! You are more likely to stick with the exercises you like. If zumba is your thang, ain't no problem, as far as I can tell!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to say maybe you should just give up... but really you should just give up on 30 day shred and try something else.

I agree with Bill. You have got to find what works and this obviously isn't it. The important thing is you keep looking for what you will keep doing!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So title says it all... I have attempted the 30ds many many times and have never gotten past day 1.. ( yeah I know, I suck!). I have been doing zumba and love it but wanted to do something that is gonna help my muscle growth and tone.. so here I am about to start 30ds for the 100th time... cross your fingers.. its lucky 100

LOL you and me both. I'm a 30ds flunky but I will get through it...i will. :D good luck to ya!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The best workout is the one you will do.

Do you like swimming? hiking? going for long walks? having copious amounts of sex?

Just be consistent about it.
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Im on day 3 and already notice a difference in my arms and abs (they feel better) I do dancing, walking, running, biking but I needed something for muscle. I have never completed all 30 days so its a challenge for me too. If I can do this so can you!!!!

^^^^ this is exactly why I want to do 30ds... I love zumba but don't get much definition from it.. i love my walking routine but once again no challenge to my muscles.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    you can do this. I am on level 3 day 2 tomorrow