Calories in huge baked potato?

Options
funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
About to go eat at a BBQ restaurant, and I usually order this baked potato without butter and cheese. It comes with chicken on top (and I normally add BBQ sauce to it). So, pretty much, huge baked potato with BBQ sauce and chicken. It's a lot better than it sounds. Anyways, I need to know how many calories in a potato that's not your average potato. I'm guessing it's around the size of 3 or 4 regular potatoes.

I'm not really concerned about the calories, because I had a light lunch and breakfast today, so I need to get in at least 600 of 900 calories left. How many calories do you think the potato has? And could you possibly do a little guesstimating on the entire meal? :) Thanks.

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    a regular sized potato (med) is about 160 so x 3, and BBq sauce is usually about 50 for 2 tablespoons, I'm guessing you had a little more than that if the potato was that big and normal resturant chicken portion is around 6 oz so about 170....BTW, we have a BBQ place that has the "loaded" potato with brisket and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I find a 100g potato is about half the size of my whole fist

Watch how they cook the chicken - it may be hiding unnecessary unknown fat and/or sugar!
    Also the BBQ sauce may be laden with sugar.
    just be aware.