Guess I'll dive right in . . .

Options
JulieGo
JulieGo Posts: 45 Member
I've been logging on to MFP for over a year — off and on — and have never taken advantage of the message boards. Which is totally unlike me because I'm a big fan of message boards! And I'm big. So — since I first logged on to MFP over a year ago, my weight has gone down a whopping 22 pounds. I think I need to step it up a bit. So I'm going to be posting more and reading your posts for some encouragement. I have about 80 pounds to lose to be my high school weight. So I'll be happy if I lose 65-70 since high school was 30 years ago. We have to be realistic here, huh?

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Dive right in and swim along with the rest of us!! The message boards can be a great place to plug in with people who are on a similar journey with you. I found a great one for me and its usually the only one I'm regularly on.

Good luck on your journey, and be proud of that 22 lbs...take each accomplishment, own it, really recognize it and build on it a little more each day!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If it helps, I didn't really start losing my weight until I utilized the message boards and starting making bonds with others going thru similar lifestyle changes. And don't put yourself down for "only" losing 22 pounds in a year, you have to celebrate that!! Good luck!
  • stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too, and am hooked already!