POLAR FT4 - Doesn't work anymore, have you had this problem?

Options
2»

Replies

• KeshiaBanks
    KeshiaBanks Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wash mine but I need to wash more often as mine started acting up. I have best buy warranty though
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My FT7 went on the fritz after the year warranty. I changed the battery in the watch and spent $10 having the transmitter battery changed because I couldn't get it open.

Eventually, I just bought another transmitter, which is a different style than the previous model and it works fine. It's and H1 Polar transmitter. I also got the new style strap with it, but for some reason, the old style works better for me.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmacgreg
    kmacgreg Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you so much! My monitor stopped working and I missed it. Washed the band as suggested and it is working again.
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had one didn't even last me a year and would never buy one again but what customer service(and a great customer service they are) told me to do was
    wash strap with water after every use
    make sure strap is tight enough and if not you may need a new strap
    change batteries in both strap and watch
    and the strap are only meant to last 6-12 months apparently than you have to buy a new one as they are not covered in the warrenty. when I only bought my watch for $80 I wasn't going to buy a new strap that costs $40 every 6-12 months so changed brands to one that gave me a 18-24months per strap.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped working after a few months of heavy use. I replaced the strap but it still didn't work. Sent it to Polar and they fixed it for free since it was still under warranty. There was something wrong with the transmitter.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My FT80 did the same thing, just died. However, even washing the strap - which I had been doing quite fairly regularly - it still is dead. Only a year and a couple of months old. Guess I'll go to the polar site.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this issue with my FT4, but definitely talk to Polar. They have excellent customer service.

I've had my FT4 for a while, and had to replace the battery in the watch, and one of the cats ran off with the cover. They sent me a new cover for free, even though it wasn't under warranty, and I got it within a week.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My FT4 back button isn't working. Rather than go back, it just goes up and down the menu. All buttons seem to. I bought mine from Amazon UK literally a year a week ago. They've been really good and told me to post it back.