Snacks?

Options
Cynni816
Cynni816 Posts: 4 Member
Okay, so I have my meals planned out and im measuring everything! But my recent snack is Chex Mix which wouldnt be so bad if it werent for the sodium :noway: !

So im asking around, who knows of any simple take and eat as you go snacks? I found a good receipe for broccoli bites and they are good but not really a snack on the go i would really rather not cook the snack but cooked snack ideas are welcome.

PLEASE ANY IDEA'S PLEASE!?!?!

Replies

• Hev1960
    Hev1960 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try a small bag of Twiglets or Kallo dark chocolate thin rice cakes
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You can still do chex mix just make it yourself so that you can control the sodium.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    an apple, baby carrots, a serving of Fiber One Honey Nut Squares (awesome!)...
  • bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you was to make a bag of chex mix yourself what all would you suggest to put in it?
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I do fruit, yogurt, cottege cheese, cheese sticks....mix it up and around.
  • wafflemeister14
    wafflemeister14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, dried fruit, or cereal :)
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    80 Calorie Fiber One Chocolate cereal (amazing!) Bear naked Trail mixes super low in sodium and so good!! Skinny Pop Popcorn also super low in sodium (50mg) and 4 cups for 155 cals!!
  • sidkrose
    sidkrose Posts: 35
    Options
    Roast a bunch of almonds yourself without salt (or by roasted - no salt almonds). You can also roast them with a little honey on them if you like. Delicious.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you like Chex mix, maybe just a baggie of the cereal to go? Cut out the sodium. You can add your own spices if you want.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are only 100 calories a bag, popcorn (single serve) 100 calories, dannon light and fit yogurt and a variety of flavors 80 calories each, 1/2 cup starwberries 24 calories, apple 80 calories, Waffle Pretzels by Americas choice are only 110 calories for 16 pretzels, 10 almonds 80 calories, 1/2 cup of pineapple is about 50 or less, grapes are super low ( you can also freeze them)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    nuts
    dry cereal
    baby carrots
    popcorn
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have snacks for whatever I am craving:
    fruit
    almond butter on celery
    pistachios
    jerky-protein/salty/savory
    hershey minis if I must have chocolate

sometimes, a little happy hour snack for me is a bloody mary, with a pickle and celery, it's not too bad calorie-wise
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    apples
    almonds
    string cheese
    cucumber slices
    celery and a wedge of laughing cow cheese
    100 calorie popcorn
    greek yogurt, I buy plain and add my own fruit, it cuts down on the sugar
    grapes
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    belvita biscuits...230 calories but good stuff in it and satisfies sugar crave as well as fills you
  • jc4duckie
    jc4duckie Posts: 1
    Options
    Almost all fruits ar portable and easy to eat. Grapes, cut up apple, banana, or even if you peel an orange ahead of time you can slip it in a baggie. Als veggies are great! Also they don't raise your insulin levels as much. Carrot stick, celery, broccoli, califlower, asparagus, and many more. I try to eat stuff that is not processed. It is better for your body. Good luck!