Fitbit vs Bodyfit vs Jawbone

Options
Which of these do you like best? My birthday is in June and I want to put one of these on my wishlist but I'm not sure which is best. I have an Android so if you guys know which one of these works best with Android that would be a help too :)

Replies

• amsibert
    amsibert Posts: 7
    Options
    I want to know too! And my birthday is in June, too (:

Right now I'm leaning toward fitbit, because they have a new bracelet thing coming out that looks very convenient to carry.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and LOVE it...just bought my husband one too. If you want sleep etc tracking fitbit has others that will accommodate. I personally just wanted general activity which the zip does. Fits on my hip and no one ever sees it.

I heard Jawbone is not that great (but read reviews etc from others before taking my word since I personally have never used it)

I had the body media (not fit) - liked that too however hated the monthly fee. Not sure of the bodyfit has one too. I would personally keep away from any monthly fee ones as you may get tired of paying it (it's cheap but why pay when you can have something without the fee right?) I also did not care for having something on my arm 24/7 :(
  • thistleandfi
    thistleandfi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love my BMF Link :)

I feel like I'm getting as accurate a measure on my TDEE as I can get (supposed to be within 5-10% accuracy) which is how my setting my deficit. Some people don't like wearing a strap on their upper arms or having a device visible so if that would bother you, I'd go with one of the others... or do what I do when I don't want my BMF visible - I put it in my bra *shrug* otherwise I don't even notice it is there.

FWIW I just got an email today that Jawbone has acquired BodyMedia so I'm curious to see what that could mean down the road in terms of technology and new innovations.
  • acaruso619
    acaruso619 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Leaning toward fitbit....didn't realize body media had a monthly fee. This definitely helps!
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've had the fit bit and Body Media. I've had the Jawbone for about a week and love it.