Need a side dish idea for tomorrow..

vanessaxlynne
vanessaxlynne Posts: 67
edited September 21 in Recipes
Right now I have 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs marinating in a homemade marinade, I kind of threw in orange juice, red wine vinegar, lemon/lime juice, fresh strawberries and mangos...I have NO idea what kind of healthy side I can do with that, that my picky 2 yr old would eat (my 8 yr old eats everything) I also want to do something different because all week we have baked potaoes bc I have been CRAVING that LOL..

any suggestions would be greatly appreviated :happy:

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Green Giant steamers are yummy. They have broccoli in cheese sauce that is really good that the youngest should like.
  • Green Giant steamers are yummy. They have broccoli in cheese sauce that is really good that the youngest should like.

I love broccoli and cheese!!!! YUMMMM my oldest actually doesnt (LOL I dont get it,) but I will def try that for my youngest...he is sooo picky. Sometimes he wont even eat dinner. The dr just says let him because "hell eat when he is hungry" ughhhh
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    You can roast so many vegetables with just a little bit of olive oil, and some salt & pepper or other herbs of your choice (rosemary and garlic are my favorite). I like to roast broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, asparagus, and onions (not necessarily all at the same time!). Oven set to 425 and typically check after 15 minutes, may take a little longer, but not much. Roasting vegetables really bring out the flavors, especially those cherry tomatoes!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    They have a bunch of different ones they are all good and simple to make. My favorite is actually the garden vegetable meldey with the roasted red potatoes.
  • SHAMEKALACHELLE
    SHAMEKALACHELLE Posts: 25 Member
    first of all i wanna say that your marinade sounds like a winner.......made my mouth water! : D
    I like Jasmine rice, it is low in calories and tastes great plain or with chopped green onion, capers, mushroom. Another no fat option is grilled asparagus ( not sure if your child will eat it....). Or make a small salad with your favorite greens, reds and/or fruit. Just a couple options I love.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Brown rice, rice pilaf, pasta salad, fruit salad, veggies, cottage cheese. jello salad- fat free coolwhip, 1 package of sugar free jello strawberry or orange, chunky pineapple drained or mandarin orange , and cottage cheese. Mix all together and chill.
  • WOw these all sound soooo yummy! I will definitely have to try some! Lol actually this "marinade" is a salsa recipe that I decided to purée for a marinade haha. I hope it's yummy :) oh and my youngest doesn't but my oldest LOVESSSS asparasgus he actually gets seconds and thirds lol
This discussion has been closed.