Food on the go....

Options
I'm always looking for snacks/meals to bring and eat while I'm on the run. I work 2 sometimes 3 different jobs, so finding time to cook & eat has been one of my bigger struggles. I've also encountered the problem of getting burnt out on the snacks I used to love or having to put a few of them away because of the carbs. Does anyone have any suggestions on good (maybe filling) low cal snacks or meals?

Replies

• rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    Bananas, apples, handful of almonds, low-fat yogurt, string cheese...any combination of those will work. Also try drinking 8-16 oz of water with your snack, it'll keep you full.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    almonds
    trail mix
    popcorn
    apples/bananas/carrots
    soup/canned chili
    wrap with lean protein/cheese/hummus/veggies
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    chicken wraps.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese
    Low-sodium almonds
    Bananas
    Apples
    Greek Yogurt
    Baby carrots
    Grapes

I like to pack a thermal tote full of healthy snacks each night for work the next day (I always include a 24oz bottle of water). I also like to cook boneless/skinless chicken breast in batches (maybe 5lbs a batch) and portion it out to make meals easier.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Quest Bars
    beef jerky
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My go-to on on days I know I'll be in the field is an apple and a peanut butter sandwich made on whole grain bread.
  • haleydself
    Options
    I love hummus and carrots!! Hummus is delicious, low cal, and healthy! There are several different flavors too. I love them all.