Entering MFP details....the day before??! OCD?

Options
cheers_b
cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
:bigsmile:

Last night i found myself (not the first time this has happened) entering in what i would eat during the day today, as well as planned excercise. While my daily routine is fairly manageable / predictable -- still........the night before???......Does this make me a candidate for having MFP -OCD? :ohwell:

ok - -maybe so...or maybe i am just damned efficient (#x rule of effective people is to do something today that you have on your list tomorrow).......:happy:

how about you?

MFP -OCD? comments?

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    pre-logging is normal and it's not OCD... chronically worrying about if you have OCD is OCD.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd call it efficiency. I sometimes pre-log so I remember to eat certain things or do a certain workout, and sometimes I like to pre-log stuff so I can see how my macros are gonna shape up that day.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Many many people, myself included, pre-log meals. It's a good way to ensure that you hit your numbers for the day.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. I wouldn't say I'm OCD, but definitely have an O-C style.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you're nuts then so am I! I often log in the next days breakfast and lunch because they rarely change. It helps me focus better knowing that I've already done it and don't have to think about what I'm going to eat.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I often pre-log the entire work week so I can plan my grocery list on Sundays. Not OCD at all.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I pre-log whole weeks. It helps me plan out what I'm cooking to make sure my meals are in good macro balance with each other. Not OCD, just helpful.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. Makes it easier to pack food for while I'm at work if I'm not just shoving random things in a bag.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I will pre-log occasionally - generally speaking I never pre-plan meals, although I know I need to! I always remember a phrase - "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail" - sounds clichéd but it is true!

I will do it if I know exactly what I will be eating, plus it gives me a good idea of exercise goals/macro etc.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    you said log
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I log in my food every night before going to sleep for the next day. My mornings rarely change, lunch I can easily adjust if needed, and I always leave room for dinner which is hardly ever decided until the night of. But because I already have it mapped out, it's easy for me to adjust the foods as long as I keep the calories in the same range.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    you said log

Heh heh heh....log

456x330.jpg?quality=0.85
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I logged my food up until Friday....
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    A lot of times they recommend ple- planning your meals when sticking to a diet..so what you are doing is no different. If you stick to it and it helps you..they all the power to you!!

I am an organization freak but my taste changes minute to minute so I could not do it and stick to it. I also work from home..so it makes pre planning harder. If I worked out side of my house..damn straight I would plan the day ahead ;)
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I pre log every day and often plan my meals in advance. I think it's normal and also a very good way to stay on task. I actually would recommend to others who have trouble staying on track to do this as its an added discipline.

However I have been accused of being OCD at times...so maybe we all are and just don't admit it! :)
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes, but losing weight using myfitnesspal REQUIRES OCD.
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's not OCD at all! Pre-planning your meals is the only way to ensure you hit your macros perfectly .. like a boss! :smile:
    I don't pre-log exercise though ... mostly because it posts on the wall here and that'd be dodgy, no?
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i alway log all my food and exercise ib the morning even though i don't exercise till after work, i don't complete it till the evening though so it can still be changed. helps me keep on track :smile: